PDA

View Full Version : SEF 1:blackeye:12 Butterfly coil

wagon wheel
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
I've been reading and researching some on the SEF 1:blackeye:12 butterfly coil. Is anyone using this on their White's DFX or V3i or know of someone who is and can report on its success with either of these machines?

Thanks for the help...

w.w.

wagon wheel
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
wow...pays to read before you write...just noticed an excellent report on another thread on the 1:blackeye:14...GREAT info...but, if you should have additional info on the 1:blackeye:12 and the DFX or V3i, please post.

Much thanks,

w.w.

coinnut
08-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I can't tell you about that specific coil for my DFX, but I have tried one on my E Trac, and along with what I have been hearing, they are pretty nice coils. Fairly stable at higher sensitivities and seem to get pretty good separation compaired to the size of the coil. Hopefully someone that has one on their White's can add to this.

ramases
08-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I run a 10x12 on my V3i (in the UK). It runs smoother than it did before I got the upgade as the new Salt Mode smoothes things out quite a lot (it's a non-v-nulled-coil issue). I can use Rx at 10, Sens at 80/60 on my soil which is full of iron and minerals. It is sharp and super-sensitive to the tiny hammered silver coins we have over here (I've had 22 since March) so I guess it would sing even louder and clearer on the big, thick coins you have over there! I also have a 12x15 SEF which runs just as well but, sadly, it is too heavy for me (I have an elbow problem) so I have to sell it (if anyone is interested!!).