PDA

View Full Version : Missouri trip and Detector never got out of trunk 1st outing at home nets big silver

wisconsin digger
04-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Spent last week in Missouri and never put the detector to the ground. I had plenty of time to prepare and really dropped the ball. Anyway I was chomping at the bit to do some swinging when I got home so I spent Saturday afternoon hitting the place I found the Large Cent (cleaned up photo added). The 1st coin I found turned out to be a silver 6 Pence from Australia that looks like someone turned into jewelry. Silver is silver so I was glad to find it. After that I was struggling locating any good targets but I was finding a bunch of clad so I was in no hurry to leave. I eventually worked my way back to an early spot that was quite good and found a couple of Indians and 4 old wheats. Around that time I got a signal I was not even going to dig but did so anyway (I think it was 12-43 or 44 and not that deep) I pulled a shallow plug and pinpointed something in the hole. I carelessly scratched out some more dirt and saw a big glint of silver. Don't know why that E-tracs put up low numbers on halves but this turned out to be a really nice Walker. Luckily I only put a small rim ding on it as the coin had a lot of detail. Needless to say it was a big surprise. Towards the end of the day I managed to hit an additional Merc so the return trip out was a good one. 104 coins with 3 silver and a couple of Indians and about $13 in change. The Large Cent I previously found turned out to be a 1847 so I added a photo. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
04-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Very nice, congrats on the big silver! Those indians look to be pretty nice too. Nice hunt! :thumbsup02:

Ken C
04-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Now that's a great day! Congrats on the big silver!

del
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Sweet WLH and big congrats on the braided hair large cent !:cheering: