PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with Coinnut & Sunday rainy hunt

RobW
08-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I was just going to tag onto Coinnnut's post about our outing on Saturday, but figured I'd just add everything into one thread for the whole weekend.

So for the full story about Saturday, please see Coinnut's post. I'll just post my pics here. GEORGE, CHECK OUT HOW WELL THE WHEAT CLEANED UP.

After having my pants beat by the e-trac in the park, I did some tweaking on my detector and went back to the park to see if I could get any additional depth. I didn't have long as the rain was already starting. But I don't melt, so I thought I'd hang in there as long as possible. After about an hour I decided to head home. While I did not seem to get the depth I needed, I did find an old, what appears to be copper ring.....and clad.....and of course MEMORIALS!

RobW
08-23-2010, 08:04 AM
More Pics

RobW
08-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Sunday find

coinnut
08-23-2010, 08:33 AM
After having my pants beat by the e-trac in the park, I did some tweaking on my detector and went back to the park to see if I could get any additional depth.

Hey, what are you complainig about, I gave you the best coin, didn't I? lol The Crotal bell is an old one and your soda method on the wheat did a pretty good job. I always wondered what soda does to your stomach, now I know :shocked04: Don't give up on your newly tweaked settings just yet. The deep coins are far and few between, so you may have just now hit one yet. Those kind of copper rings were popular, and I found them regularly at a place that was very active right around 1900-1920's. So it's probably from the early wheat era. Nice bunch of coins and thanks for getting them pesky Memorials out of my way thumbsup01

del
08-23-2010, 01:24 PM
i think you did well Rob , as a barber trumps three roosies any day of the week in my book . very cool crotal bell , congrats. now if i could only get George to dig my holes for me like that , i'd be a happy guy . was it somekind of voodoo trick spell lol rofl lol

RobW
08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
He felt sorry for me for all of the Memorials I was digging!

BOWSER
08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
congrats ,i only have 4 Barbers they are my favorite coins to find thumbsup01

RobW
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Me too, they are my favorites to collect, not just dig. She's so pretty, maybe I can get my wife to dress like that!

pulltabsteve
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Love the Barber! Cool looking ring too.