PDA

View Full Version : Another zoo hunt, a few firsts!

Digger_O'Dell
04-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi all,
Got out to the zoo again after work Wednesday morning after doing more aerial photo research. Found part of what is now the park used to be a strip of houses so thought to try the old yard areas. Apparently a lot of the dirt was stripped our, but a little was piled to make a small hill.
There was a LOT of modern trash and pennies making the area difficult to hunt. But I managed to find 2 wheats, one being my first 1918 D. Still can't seem to get over that century mark this year.

Found lots of clad, a few more bullets, and a piece I think was off a cap gun as its got the head of a longhorn steer on it. No idea why there would be a fishing lure in the park, nowhere near the lake.

Another oddity was finding 3 rings among all that trash. Junkers, but still nice to find.

Lastly, the biggest target was my first complete model T hubcap. It's split where it looks like the car hit something and broke it off, both I've only ever found pieces before.

Thanks for reading, GL&HH!

Muddy Mike
04-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Nice hunt Digger, I see you found a Cleo, I caught a few salmon on that bait back in the day. My honey do list is killing me, stripping and staining on my "Way" to big of a deck, stripping grinding and painting my boat trailer and my boat. Haven't had time to detect my spots:ticked:

Digger_O'Dell
04-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Got the model T hubcap cleaned and polished pretty good. Found the background under the logo is black enamel. Did some research and found this was only produced in 1914.

Digger_O'Dell
04-15-2017, 12:11 AM
Thanks Mike! I totally understand having the list. The woman bought a non running moped she wants my to fix, have to work on electrical on the house, swap the snowblower and chains over to the mower deck on the lawn tractor, plus tons of yard work including trying to remove a fallen tree in the yard. Yep, gonna be busy for a while! LOL

aloldstuff
04-15-2017, 05:07 AM
That's quite a list of home chores, glad you got out when you could. Congrats on your finds and that 1800's coin will get under your coil.

wisconsin digger
04-15-2017, 09:20 AM
Nice cleanup on the hub cap Looks great. Little Cleo was the hot lure back in the day. WD

Fire Fighter 43
04-20-2017, 08:33 AM
You are doing pretty good at the old zoo, congrats on some nice digs Chris.

Tony Two-Cent
04-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Amazing how well that Model T hub cap cleaned up! It looks great! I have found several of them but they are usually bent really bad or flattened. Yours looks terrific.

:congrats:

milco
04-22-2017, 08:53 PM
That Ford cap is very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pastpursuits
04-22-2017, 09:15 PM
cool finds!!! always wonder how things get where they are like the fishing lure.
GL & HH

leslie(nova scotia)
04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
A full Monty type of dig. Thanks for posting and now....gits out dere and dig sum more youz!