PDA

View Full Version : Cornfield Shut off for 3 days, then it came back big - Copper Silver and more

catskillcomics
04-15-2017, 03:50 PM
After finding that 1/2 Reale the cornfields shut right off.. Wed-Fri I went out for 3 or 4 hours at a time only finding 1 or 2 desirable finds.. I'm not going to show the insane amount of lead bullets I've found.. so over those 3 days managed to find 3 buttons, a musket ball and I don't know what the last item is on the bottom right of the photo. Either a coin or button, either way its safe to say it's toast.

Today However, I went back to the cornfield for 7 hours.. and the cornfields finally came back alive. Again a lot of bullets, but first decent signal of the day was a 1844 Braided Hair LC, pretty wiped but I'll take it. Thimble, a part of a bracelet, a couple buttons, probably one of nicest square nails I've found out there, part of a shoe buckle, 1946 Silver Rosie and finally, my very last solid signal was a KGII, at least I think it is, again pretty worn, the reverse is totally smooth..

It was a lot of swinging, but worth the effort..

Digger_O'Dell
04-15-2017, 04:56 PM
Lots of very cool finds, love those big coppers! Funny how sometimes you get the nails in far better condition than the coins? :lol:

del
04-15-2017, 06:28 PM
congrats on the coppers Scott , I don't think the one coin is a KGII , maybe a Connecticut copper or something else :thinkingabout:.

catskillcomics
04-15-2017, 06:31 PM
thanks Del, I'll do some more research.. its pretty smooth

aloldstuff
04-16-2017, 07:53 AM
Your persistence is paying off. I for one love corn fields. :thumbsup02: Congrats on all those keepers.

Ken C
04-16-2017, 09:52 AM
That's a KGII for sure, congrats!

The Rebel
04-17-2017, 01:10 PM
WTG on the finds. Can we get a closer pic of the colonial copper.

OxShoeDrew
04-18-2017, 04:37 PM
These corn fields seem to have their days. Maybe the moisture? I'm glad you found the groove and scored! :thumbsup02: