PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Hunt at the Cornfields - 1786 1 Reale

catskillcomics
04-23-2017, 05:42 AM
So a couple of my friends and myself went to the cornfields that are part of park on Saturday. One field was turned over and quit muddy from Fridays rain. Really didn't find too much, I found a kid's shoe buckle.. my first shoe buckle that I've found not broken. Musket ball, a couple little flat buttons and I think a ball button, and a pocket watch key.

My one friend however, decided to poke around where I found the coppers last saturday.. and he got himself his first Real.. this is 1786 1 real! pretty nice detail I think.. He said it was a really crappy signal, so it must of been deep or on edge..

Digger_O'Dell
04-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Great find on that Reale! It looks to have some great detail on it. Congrats on the watch winder, still have that on my bucket list.

del
04-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the watch winder and the shoe buckle frame , its not to common you find a complete frame in a farm field . that one must of been dodging the plow blades for almost 200 years now , well done !

Dan

catskillcomics
04-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Congrats on the watch winder and the shoe buckle frame , its not to common you find a complete frame in a farm field . that one must of been dodging the plow blades for almost 200 years now , well done !

Dan
Yeh Dan, I was pretty happy finding that one intact.. have found several with fancy on them broken to bits..

aloldstuff
04-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the buckle and your friends real