PDA

View Full Version : 1781 half real fresh out of the ground just now!

del
04-29-2017, 12:46 PM
more later58899

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ill Digger
04-29-2017, 12:56 PM
I'll be staying tuned!
Since we just got rained out. [emoji107] [emoji98] [emoji97]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

catskillcomics
04-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Sweet!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Fire Fighter 43
04-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Wow, WTG Dan, It looks like it will clean up nice. I'll be waiting for the pictures.

Digger Don
04-29-2017, 04:58 PM
:congrats:WTG Dan. Looks great the way it is. I can't wait to see cleaned up pics:congrats:

Full Metal Digger
04-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Can't wait to hear the details!

Digger_O'Dell
04-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Very cool Dan, Congrats!

del
04-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Donnie B. and I hit a couple of older sites today but unfortunately they were pretty depleted of goodies . After spending half the day at these two sites all I got for my efforts were a very tiny thimble and a broken piece from an early saddle pommel . I knew about a close by cellar site but it was right behind a newer home so I asked Donnie how was his door knocking skills ;) He stepped up to the challenge ! The home owner "Paul" didn't even know there was an old foundation behind his home a few hundred yards away !:shocked03:After showing him a small display of items I typically find at these sites and Donnie's Southern charm "WE WERE IN" !:lol:

The briars and wild rose bushes were terrible and it was a challenge to find the small cellar ! the swinging room was very limited but it wasn't long before I had a great sounding target right on the cellar lip !:cheering:It was a nice "Jaw harp" :happydance01: about 15 minutes later I get a nice tone that rang about +67-68 on the DFX , 2 1/2" inches down I see a small silver coin :shocked03: ! I shout to Donnie " I got a half real " !!!:bananadance::loveit: I had to post it on the forum via cell phone !!:thumbsup02: about an hour later I get another great "screamer" of a target and pull up a rough looking King George II half penny !:happydance02:

Its been about two weeks since going out and I really needed this !:detecting::yes:

Thanks all

Dan

Digger_O'Dell
04-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Great finds, and congrats on the permission. I can understand the excitement. Did the same with my first largie! :happydance01:

Noah
04-29-2017, 11:58 PM
Just confess up. You buuy these old coins in bulk on E Bay! :lol:

OxShoeDrew
04-30-2017, 04:17 AM
A real beauty, Dan! :wow:

aloldstuff
04-30-2017, 05:33 AM
So Donnie B closes the permission and you reap the rewards.....sounds like RobW and myself. :lol:. Congrats on finally getting out and on the nice looking 1/2 real.

Fire Fighter 43
04-30-2017, 07:48 AM
It cleaned up pretty good Dan and congrats on the copper recovery.

Donnie B
04-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Congratulations again Danny! It was Danny's day yesterday! I'm actually very happy that I finally made a contribution to the team! We need to do a lot more door knockin this summer! I got lots more Southern Charm where that came from!

Digger Don
04-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Wow, door knocking cellar holes. Whoda thunk it :lolsign:
Great job Dan, the real cleaned up great.
Congrats on the copper as well!

Full Metal Digger
04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Congrats Del on a great piece of 1700s silver! I sure do wish we had cellar holes here in Illinois! Thanks for posting and HH, Dave.

del
04-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Great finds, and congrats on the permission. I can understand the excitement. Did the same with my first largie! :happydance01:

The site was so choked off with briars and the ticks are out so it made for one tough hunt , Donnie and I will probably detect this one much later in the season or even next year just after the snows , Thanks Chris

Just confess up. You buuy these old coins in bulk on E Bay! :lol:

If only I had the money to do so Noah !:lol:

A real beauty, Dan! :wow:

Not nearly as nice as yours Drew but it is odd how we both found the same year half real in the same year :crazy::lol: Thank you sir !

So Donnie B closes the permission and you reap the rewards.....sounds like RobW and myself. :lol:. Congrats on finally getting out and on the nice looking 1/2 real.

I was due for a nice day out Al ;) Thanks

It cleaned up pretty good Dan and congrats on the copper recovery.

Thank you Jeff , it was Donnie's first time seeing Spanish silver at a cellar site and I think he was more excited than I:embarrassed::lol: !

Congratulations again Danny! It was Danny's day yesterday! I'm actually very happy that I finally made a contribution to the team! We need to do a lot more door knockin this summer! I got lots more Southern Charm where that came from!

I agree we might start doing more door knocking especially as the days get hotter :thumbsup01: Thanks partner !

Wow, door knocking cellar holes. Whoda thunk it :lolsign:
Great job Dan, the real cleaned up great.
Congrats on the copper as well!

I know that sounds so odd doesn't it Don ? :lol: Thank you sir !

Lodge Scent
04-30-2017, 06:41 PM
A copper and Spanish silver equals a fine hunt Dan. Congrats!

Noah
04-30-2017, 07:15 PM
Del. The work makes the silver all the more appreciated to the detectorist! I'd mount that coin and hang it on the wall! :grin:

CTTodd
04-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Wow that's a pile. Spanish is always welcome.

catskillcomics
05-01-2017, 06:17 AM
Nice 1/2 real Dan.. Hope you get a chance to get out again, sooner than later.. Nice Hunt..

Tony Two-Cent
05-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Congrats on the nice looking 1781 Half Real, Dan! They are really small coins, you did a great job sniffing it out on the lip of that cellar hole! Nice going on the KGII Half Penny too.

:congrats:

milco
05-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Very nice finds Dan, glad you made it out!

Mr. Digger
05-02-2017, 06:16 AM
Excellent finds in some challenging conditions! Your hard work paid off. Congrats.

Ken C
05-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Congrats! Very nice details too! :perfect10:

Bucknut
05-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Couple awesome coins there! congrats

del
05-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Nice 1/2 real Dan.. Hope you get a chance to get out again, sooner than later.. Nice Hunt..

Thanks Scott , got a couple of nice leads for next weekend !

Congrats on the nice looking 1781 Half Real, Dan! They are really small coins, you did a great job sniffing it out on the lip of that cellar hole! Nice going on the KGII Half Penny too.

:congrats:

Well Tony , this weekend made up for the lack of any coins at my last hunt . I only got about a dozen buttons , mostly tombacs. Thanks

Very nice finds Dan, glad you made it out!

Thank you Darren !

Excellent finds in some challenging conditions! Your hard work paid off. Congrats.

We might go back with some hedge trimmers to open the area up more as I'm sure there is , Thanks

Congrats! Very nice details too! :perfect10:

This coin falls into that time era I like most and to think the revolutionary war was in full swing when this coin was minted . Thanks Ken

Couple awesome coins there! congrats

Thank you sir !

BTV Digger
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Way to go Dan! Looks like you had to work a little in the briers for that one! Ironically, some of my best finds have come from cellar holes right next to homes or walking paths. It's almost as if they're so obvious other detectorists just pass them by figuring they must have been hit years ago.

John

Ken C
05-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Did you go back to that permission? Where's there is one...there is more!

calabash digger
05-11-2017, 10:21 AM
what a hunt! congrats on the Spanish.

Ill Digger
06-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Great pictures Dan!
She still has alotta meat left on her.
Congrats on it again :thumbsup01: