PDA

View Full Version : E-Trac discrimination pattern issue

randy
08-24-2010, 02:31 PM
For some reason, I had some black discrimination squares randomly show up in my loaded discrimination pattern while hunting last night. Turned on the machine this morning and there were a few more of them. About 10 or so total. I went in and edited them out (and that was kinda hard as well as the check/X button didn't always work; I had to keep pressing it).

Seems like something in that system may have gotten fried. Anyone else ever heard of this problem?

coinnut
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
If you look at your manual on page 44 and 45. There is a mode that automatically accepts and rejects targets (kinda like the learn to accept or reject mode on a White's). Make sure that mode was not selected somehow, as the machine will learn to reject a target. If that is not the case, it may be a glitch that is somehow using that mode unintentionally. If your patterns and settings are saved on the computer, you may want to try a Master Reset. But all information will be lost and needs to be put in again. That's what come to mind when I first read it. I would try that first and if it happens again, you may need to ship it back.