PDA

View Full Version : Great day door knocking with Don & Tom

Full Metal Digger
05-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Hey Diggers,
Yesterday I met up with Digger Don & Tom (Hiluxyota) for a full day of coil swinging. We met at my favorite town. The folks there are so friendly and we rarely get a no when we ask. I've been super lucky lately and seem to get a really good find each time we go. This trip was no different. We detected at 5 or 6 houses and my best find was a huge bucket list item for me! I've been detecting 8 years and have never found a Civil War button. Not only did I find one but it's an Artillery button to boot! Aside from the usual coins I also found a couple tokens and a ladies sterling buckle. I found the buckle in 2 pieces in different parts of the yard. I didn't even realize I had the full buckle until this morning when I was cleaning the finds and realized the back piece fit perfectly to the front piece and it was also marked sterling. I really enjoyed meeting up with Don and Tom and we had a great time. Here is some pics, thanks for looking, Dave.

PL8MAN
05-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Great bunch of treasure!

Ken C
05-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Really nice bunch of finds. You do such a nice job cleaning your items. I need to get better at that.

Digger_O'Dell
05-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Great bunch of saves! Love that buckle! Looks like a lot of really nice coins too. Congrats!

Noah
05-07-2017, 10:36 PM
You all made some terrific finds! That button is on my list for this year. Proof those goodies are in IL! Gonna be a good year :perfect10:

wisconsin digger
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Digger Don was right you had a great day of digging. Congrats on the Civil War button. WD

aloldstuff
05-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Dave, another awesome hunt and that CW button is fantastic. It has to be a great addition to your display.