PDA

View Full Version : few finds

del
05-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Last Sunday out with Donnie B , all my finds came from the last site in the last hour or two . The highlight was a complete conestoga bell that still rings great :cheering:and a complete small shoe buckle frame . Donnie got the coins this weekend and I got the last minute relics !

Ken C
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
That bell is awesome, really cool find.

Digger_O'Dell
05-10-2017, 02:19 PM
That bell is a great find, still top of my relic bucket list. Nice show buckle too!

Donnie B
05-10-2017, 02:51 PM
We had a great time and need to hit that spot again. There has to be some coins laying around there. I had to smile when Danny found the bell out in the woods and started ringing it! :lolsign: It's always a great time and thank you again, Danny! Oh and yeah, Danny almost ALWAYS finds a shoe buckle! Nice One! :congrats:

Full Metal Digger
05-10-2017, 04:19 PM
That bell is awesome Del! I would think if you're cellar hole hunting and dig a Rosie it would be a HUGE let down! GL & HH, Dave.

OxShoeDrew
05-10-2017, 04:31 PM
That frame is an oldie, Dan! Never found a conestoga with the clapper still intact! :clapping:

aloldstuff
05-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Fantastic bell and it still rings. When you get back out there maybe Donnie will leave you some coins..:lol:.

Donnie B
05-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Danny found the coins the week before including the first Spanish Silver I ever saw come out of the ground at a cellar hole! That Sunday his DFX was on fire and I'm thinking my machine is broken! :shocked03: He found all the good targets and I drove home with two musket balls in my pockets. :envious:

Fantastic bell and it still rings. When you get back out there maybe Donnie will leave you some coins..:lol:.

Ill Digger
05-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Do you need new headphones now? Wow! That bell must of blew the speakers right out! That's a big'n!
With that many relics at the last spot, I'd imagine that there's a return visit planned for sometime?
Congrats on the keepers Dan!😁
Do you put the shoe buckle frame in the 1600s or 1700s?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

del
05-10-2017, 09:42 PM
That bell is awesome, really cool find.

Thank you Ken , I enjoy finding crotals and bells .

That bell is a great find, still top of my relic bucket list. Nice show buckle too!

Finding them with the iron clangger is very uncommon Chris , thanks

We had a great time and need to hit that spot again. There has to be some coins laying around there. I had to smile when Danny found the bell out in the woods and started ringing it! :lolsign: It's always a great time and thank you again, Danny! Oh and yeah, Danny almost ALWAYS finds a shoe buckle! Nice One! :congrats:

between it and the two "D" buckles so close to each other I heard them all on the first swing and I first though I had a coinspill as they were all "screamers"

That bell is awesome Del! I would think if you're cellar hole hunting and dig a Rosie it would be a HUGE let down! GL & HH, Dave.

Dave its is such a huge let down the Lincoln memorial at the first site where Donnie got his Mass copper was almost insulting :lol: Thanks

That frame is an oldie, Dan! Never found a conestoga with the clapper still intact! :clapping:

This is only the second conestoga bell that freely rings that I've recovered , Thank you

Donnie has been riding that "newbie luck" I've seen a lot with new colonial hunters , his excitement is infectious and fun to watch and I hope it continues for him . Thanks Al

Do you need new headphones now? Wow! That bell must of blew the speakers right out! That's a big'n!
With that many relics at the last spot, I'd imagine that there's a return visit planned for sometime?
Congrats on the keepers Dan!
Do you put the shoe buckle frame in the 1600s or 1700s?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tim the buckle was another deep coin like target and once I hit the depth my machine said and no target I had a good idea it was a shoe buckle , I bet it is a 1740's to 1750's example by its smallish size and slight curvature . The bell was very loud and was the second best sounding target I had all day up to that moment and I was really hoping it wasn't another Lincoln memorial :crossfingers::lol:

chief5709
05-11-2017, 05:28 AM
Hey Dan, congrats! Like the bell! Always near the top of my favorite finds!

catskillcomics
05-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Like everyone else here.. Love that bell. I've found some bells in the past but never intact.. what a great find! (psst. check your PM) :)

calabash digger
05-11-2017, 10:18 AM
that's one cool find , congrats.

Mr. Digger
05-13-2017, 06:21 AM
You guys are on some good spots down there in CT. Congrats!

Lodge Scent
05-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Nice digs Dan. Never found a conestoga with the "clanger" still in it.

BTV Digger
05-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Way to go Dan! I find it better to finish strong than to start strong and finish weak any day. :) You snagged a great conestoga and congrats sir! The two I've found don't have the clacker and it seems by the posts I've read online that complete ones like yours are more uncommon.

John

Digger Don
05-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Those are some awesome finds Dan.

Love that bell. Great Find!!!