PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Charm City aka Baltimore, Md

kenfen
08-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Greetings everyone from Baltimore. I'm an avid metal detector and I've gotten back into it after a few years off where I worked way too hard.

HH, Ken

del
08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
hello Ken , i've seen an spoken to you on atleast one other forum i believe . welcome and its good to have you here on American Detctorist . have you had time to clean those green coppers enough to figure out what they were , you've found :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

coinnut
08-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Ken, welcome aboard! :clapping: Glad you found us and make yourself at home (just no feet on the coffee table, please lol). We have a good bunch of people here who really love to detect. Look around and tell us how you like the place. Can't wait to see what you are finding.

angellionel
08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Welcome, Ken! Glad to have you with us.

tanacat
08-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Welcome from Kentucky! Although I think I gave you one in one of your threads :) Looking forward to seeing some good finds, we love pics around here thumbsup01

Myownwings
08-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Welcome to this forum Ken. You will find it is much more 'open' to more subjects and opinions.

BillZ
08-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Hello Ken.
Good to see another Maryland member. What kind of places do you like to hunt??

Epi-hunter
08-31-2010, 06:53 AM
I missed this before, sorry Ken! Welcome to the forum! :) Glad you are now having more time to enjoy the hobby.

kenfen
08-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Del: Yes, I did manage to clean the one that is really green. It's a Large Cent, but I can't make out the date. It's pretty far gone, but at least I know what I found. I thought it was a british copper.

BillZ: Currently, I just walk across the street to Patterson Park! I've also hunted Druid Hill Park, but just for one afternoon. My desire is to start getting some permissions to hunt private yards and lands. When I get a day off here, I'm going up to Pa. I met a former Navy Band member this summer that lives in a colonial home from the 1770's. He's given me permission to hunt the yard.

Baltimore is just full of opportunities to hunt, IMHO, because of it's age. I've seen what some of the old timers pulled out of the parks back in the day... amazing. My goal is to get a better knowledge of my DFX and hopefully upgrade to something that uses some of the new advances.

I've learned some things already from all of you and it's nice to have a true open forum.

Kind Regards, Ken

jkress
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey there... welcome from Iowa!

Good to see you are getting back in to the 'swing' of things.

Let us know what you find.

Ill Digger
09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois thumbsup01

kenfen
09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Ill Digger and jkress. I've never detected out your way, but sounds like there is a lot to find from your signatures.

Kind Regards, Ken