PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if I am right

bamaart
05-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I found this a while back, and at first I thought it was the eraser end of a pencil, so I threw it in the junk pile, but after looking at it again.....I think it may be a tag from a tagged bird's leg.5928659287

del
05-25-2017, 10:49 PM
looks like a numbered bird band , some of these can be deciphered and found just what type of bird it was associated with .

Donnie B
05-26-2017, 07:26 AM
I found one identical to yours a couple of years ago. It was from a Homing Pigeon. I believe it was dated 1939 and flew from Arkansas to Virginia.

MangoAve
05-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Yeah, Def a bird tag. I've found a few of them. Most were the aluminum like you have, but one was a green band. One of the aluminum ones was for something similar to what Donnie had, but I don't recollect the specifics. It had some game (wildlife) place mentioned and the town. After seeing the first few aluminum ones not worth anything, I didn't bother looking at the rest. I did check the green one I found, but it too wasn't worth reporting. But there was someone on the bookface that got some $ and recognition for one he got.