PDA

View Full Version : Return to detecting after a week off results in two great hunts

wisconsin digger
06-03-2017, 08:59 PM
With Holidays and work I have not got out in over a week so made the point of going out before work on Friday and spending most of Saturday in the field. Friday resulted in 3 silver and 4 wheats in a Park I would of been happy to find 1 wheatie. Nice to be surprised going in with low expectations. Saturday I wanted to road trip but a storm was passing through and I did not feel like driving in the rain. I ended up at the spot I found the barber Half a while back and actually was hoping to find a Barber dime. I did and it was a gem. A 1907 "O" that is really nice. Ironically, I found probably the most wore Merc I ever found as well. Ended the day with 3 Mercs and the Barber along with 4 more wheats. On the day I dug 103 coins and over $11 in clad so I was beat when I finally quit. I also found 4 silver trinkets with the oddball being a buckle of sorts saying "German silver" on back. The tone and numbers tell me this is NOT silver, but a neat find none the less. Also, found my 2nd Pocket watch of the season but it was a cheapie so I did not take a photo. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger Included a few field pictures as I have never taken the camera along before.

Noah
06-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Fun read. Only found one O mint mark in my carrier. Nice Barber.

Digger_O'Dell
06-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Very nice, that Barber really is sweet looking! Congrats on a great hunt. Just wish the rain would let up long enough to stop digging mud.

OxShoeDrew
06-04-2017, 03:49 AM
That's a lot of digging! Congrats on the beautiful Barber! :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-04-2017, 05:06 AM
Over 100 coins....I'd be dead. Congrats on silvers especially that sweet looking Barber.

wisconsin digger
06-04-2017, 11:24 AM
I paid the price on Sunday as nI was a bit stiff WD

Digger Don
06-04-2017, 11:34 AM
It amazes me that you can still find that amount of silver in parks. That Barber is a beauty, :congrats:
Congrats on your finds and all that clad.:wow:

Bucknut
06-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Wow that barber dime is so pretty!

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Congrats on all those wonderful finds! That Barber Dime must have been brand new when it was dropped. It's a real looker! :loveit:

:congrats:

MangoAve
06-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Nice finds with all those silvers. That barber is pretty sweet condition. That buckle was prob plated. Didn't think Germans could cut corners. :lol:.

Donnie B
06-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Very nice Barber!