PDA

View Full Version : Nice day to dig colonial!

Donnie B
06-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Got out yesterday with Danny LaMontagne to dig some colonial cellar holes. The sites were very stingy but we both managed a good find and, most importantly, it was a great day out with my friend. It's nice to find that great coin or relic but there's nothing like discussing history, and eating your lunch, while sitting on a log at an old colonial mill.5943559436

Digger_O'Dell
06-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Very nice read Donnie, and congrats on the finds.

del
06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
It was a good day to finally get out and Dig:detecting: ! I forgot to take a picture of the old mill site , the stonework was pretty impressive .:yes: that first site was so stingy with finds , nothing is more disappointing than hiking a good 1/2 mile thinking how good this site is going to be only to find out its been beat to death !:hairpulling:I mean there wasn't even that much iron to listen to!:overreaction:

My find of the day was this heavy silver plated button , rang up like a copper on the dfx

Donnie B
06-05-2017, 07:40 PM
That first site was very strange. Usually, we at least find a few buttons. I couldn't even get nails to sound good enough to dig! :lolsign: That button is beautiful. I can't believe how heavy the silver plating is on that button. Obviously, that colonist had a little extra spending money for a nice set of buttons. I bet he didn't like losing one of them. It was a great day for detecting. The weather was nice and it was so good to be out in the woods.

It was a good day to finally get out and Dig:detecting: ! I forgot to take a picture of the old mill site , the stonework was pretty impressive .:yes: that first site was so stingy with finds , nothing is more disappointing than hiking a good 1/2 mile thinking how good this site is going to be only to find out its been beat to death !:hairpulling:I mean there wasn't even that much iron to listen to!:overreaction:

My find of the day was this heavy silver plated button , rang up like a copper on the dfx

Lodge Scent
06-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Nice day out gents. These days, I appreciate just getting out. Finds are a bonus!

aloldstuff
06-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Nice day out gents. These days, I appreciate just getting out. Finds are a bonus!

As Jeff said....

MangoAve
06-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Nice partial buckle, Donnie B. What?!?! I don't wanna hear Dan lecture on the importance of taking pics of the places. :lol:
I usually do my pit stops on the stone walls somewhere. I think one place I had found a sitting rock cuz it wasn't flat, but obtuse, and had like 3 spoons around it.

chief5709
06-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Lately any day to get out is a good day... Nice finds Donnie and Dan!

OxShoeDrew
06-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Any day out, without rain is a plus! It was in the 40s this AM!! Nice work Donnie! Good looking button Dan!