PDA

View Full Version : Indian tag, ring, and marble!!

xzlr8n
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Went to the house I've been recently reporting some good finds on. I only had about an hour, so I thought I would re-sweep an area by the driveway where I found a bunch of wheats and a Buffalo nickle the week before, this time going really slow and easy. Taking my time with the V3i I dug some erratic but repeatable signals that I ignored or missed the other times I hunted this section of yard. First find for the night was a '45 wheat that I had to work over and over to determine if there was a good signal or not, finally decided to dig where it pinpointed 2.5 Hz green dominant, out pops the wheat. Filled the hole and rescanned the hole and found another target 6-8 inches away with a somewhat solid 54-55 VDI that pinpointed 7.5 Hz dominant. I'm thinking maybe an Inidian Head, but after opening up the hole I hit a somewhat higher VDI reading with the DX-1, after sifting through the dirt on my towel I spot a small woman's ring that was for sure silver. Re checked the hole and there was a piece of scrap aluminium in the hole, glad I decide to dig this one thumbsup01. After cleaning I found a STERLING mark on the inside, and can see where it was a strip welded into a ring, pretty old I think?? After a few more pennies and a nickle I came across the orange and white marble and what looked to be a piece of scrap piece of aluminum again. Luckily I tossed this scrap piece of aluminum in my pouch with the marble because after checking and cleaning it, my scrap turns out to be an advertising tag for Round Oak Stoves w/ the &quot:grin:shocked04:e Wah Jack indian cut out, really cool details and a nice find. Lesson for the night go slow and really scrutinize all those beeps your machine makes and check your trash items before ash can them!! I thought there wasn't any more good stuff to found at this house after four trips through :shocked01:. I guess I was wrong!!

coinnut
08-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Great looking Indian figure. It looks old. I'd guess around 1910's or 20's. See what Google brings up. Nice ring too, but I can never tell the dates on them. Very hard to date a ring. Some great finds from a hunted out house. :clapping:

catskillcomics
08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice hunt, I really like that Indian advertisement piece.. and silver rings are always a welcomed site :beerbuddy:

RobW
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Cool Indian!!!! Nice ring too!

Epi-hunter
08-25-2010, 07:25 PM
That's a beautiful find!!! I love it! I like the ring too. :cheering:

coinnut
08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I found this web site that explains the stove company a bit. But I was hoping for your Indian to be one of the things that they showed, but no dice lol

http://www.goodtimestove.com/cylinder_stoves_round_oak1.html