PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles, CA

Happa54
06-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Hello MD'ers.... I am semi-retired in commercial real estate finance. I am also a former railroader worked for Southern Pacific, Union Pacific and the Pacific Harbor Lines. I began this hobby approx 8 months ago. Since the start I put in approx 12 - 16 hours weekly. I swing a Minelab Safari. I am a member of 2 other MD forums and gain a ton of knowledge from the people there and it has fast tracked my education in how I operate my machine and hunting techniques. My silver and other exotic finds are increasing with time and I am totally addicted to this hobby. I only wish I would have started 30 years ago. I look forward to the interaction on these forums.

Digger_O'Dell
06-11-2017, 01:32 AM
Welcome Happa54! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds and hearing about your area. Sounds like you started with a pretty good machine, and glad it's working out for you. GL&HH!

OxShoeDrew
06-11-2017, 02:51 AM
Hi Happa54! The Safari is a great machine, it doesn't get its due. Although I'm in CT I got to detect in Pasadena a few times. Welcome to the group and we look forward to seeing some of your finds :waving:

aloldstuff
06-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Happa54 welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your future posts (we love pictures). Like you, I also wish I had gotten into this 30 yrs ago (played golf for to long)

stevenmeans67
06-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Hi am looking for a hunting buddy or team in la

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Happa54
06-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the "hello"

It's also good to hear something positive about my Safari...thus far it's giving me all that I ever expected in a machine (in fact more).

del
06-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Hello Happa54 , welcome to our little slice of the internet ;) I hope to see some interesting finds from you soon !

Dan