PDA

View Full Version : 3 days late and 1 dollar short....

jkress
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Last night after work I decided to hit a street corner close by my house. A water sub station sit there. The station was built in 1936.

I started swinging the coil when I immediately noticed what looked to be holes from a previous detectorist. The plugs were a little sloppy but I could see they were definitely from another treasure hunter.

As I'm swinging, a guy walking his dog comes up and says... you should have been here 3 days ago. He said there was a guy metal detecting here 3 days ago and when I walked by, he called me over to show me what he just found. An 1872 silver dollar!!!! That's a Seated. :shocked04:

Apparently there was a small park there in the early 1900's.

That little corner had been on my short list of places to try for about 2 weeks now. I wished I had went there just a little sooner than I did.

..... maybe next time.

coinnut
08-26-2010, 04:48 PM
OUCH! :shocked04: But I wouldn't believe everything you hear. I would have never called a stranger over to show him a silver dollar. Hope that makes you feel a little bit better lol Go back, he couldn't have gotten it all. Angel didn't post a Seated Dollar recently, did he? rofl There has got to be something left there.

milco
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
You can go back and find all the deep goodies he missed! Besides, if you found a seated dollar would you show a complete stranger? I wouldn't. I think he was just messin' with ya!