PDA

View Full Version : todays finds

dave in iowa
08-25-2010, 09:41 PM
not much but did get this token, its from the copperclad malleable range co. the made stoves and lined them in copper between 1907-1936, and a aluminum wooden nickel

tanacat
08-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Very cool finds! Better than a day of clad and nails anyday! I've never seen an aluminum wooden nickel. I'm going to have to look up that token/copperclad company tomorrow. I can't remember what swatchika symbols represents besides nazi germany- seen several on here, on coins, seems like one was boyscout luck charm from way back when? Maybe not, I forgot the fine details. Okay late, must sleep :blackeye:

kenfen
08-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Before jilted corrupted the symbol, it was a good luck sign. Much like a 4 leaf clover. I've seen tile floors from the turn of the century that used the sign. I'm sure there are peeps on here that can tell you more.

Regards, ken

RobW
08-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Cool nickel!

coinnut
08-26-2010, 04:43 PM
We used to call then aluminum coins, play coins. We had a chicken on it and it said henny penny lol Kids used to play with them 1's, 5's and 10's, I believe. The Swastika was a good luck symbol and I think it went way back (like Egyptian times?) Later, it was twisted the other way and turned into the German symbol everyone is familiar with. I've found a couple of good luck tokens with it. Nice stove token. I think tokens are a lot of fun to get. They all tell a very precise story and give you lots of information, so you can research something you may never have heard of. Great piece. I hope it cleans up good.

Beefcake
08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I found the exact same style wooden nickel earlier this summer. Nice finds Dave!!