PDA

View Full Version : Morning Beach Hunt & Recovered Ring

buck57
06-29-2017, 09:06 AM
Been awhile since we posted, having a difficult year, but we are always out swinging every week. Always exciting to be neck deep out in the warm Florida waters, waiting for the thrill of ear piercing signal. On Tuesday I hit one of my favorite beaches, Siesta Key. Got there before sunrise and shortly after noticed a couple in shorts walking towards the water with a detectirist. Kinda figure what was going on, but still went up and asked. The young lady visiting from Germany had lost a family ring handed down to her by her mother, the day before. I asked if they minded if I helped out and they were thankful for the offer. Since they had already found some one to help, I kept my distance and went out deeper than where she had figured she lost it. About 20 min later, my favorite tune was playing, and in the bottom of my scoop covered in sea shells was her silver ring. Thanks and reward offerings were filling the air, but as I retreated back to the water, I said I was just happy we could find your ring and not have your vacation ruined. They were actually heading back over seas the next day.
Always feels good to help some one out like this, espically when it means more to some body besides a dollar value.
Continuing detecting a few more hours, I was rewarded with another nice ring. My dear wife always preached Karma, and she was looking down on me once again. Happy hunting all.

buck57
06-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Sorry for the sideways first pic. Don't know how to straighten it.

Tony Two-Cent
06-29-2017, 09:19 AM
I straightened the photo for you. :thumbsup01:

Good job on finding and returning that lost ring! It seems like it would be difficult in the ocean, as it would be easy to misjudge where it was lost. Kudos to you! :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-29-2017, 09:41 AM
Very nice post and kudos for finding that ring.

buck57
06-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Hey, thanks Tony. Been down here almost 3 years now and still trying to figure out this salt water. But it's always relaxing and enjoyable. Normally see dolphins, and sting rays, and this past Monday, had a manatee with in arms reach of me. Pretty cool. Good hunting to ya.

Digger_O'Dell
06-29-2017, 06:13 PM
Great return on that ring! Always great to see shiny stuff in the scoop, and even better when it can be returned to the owner. Lots of other good stuff too! Bet the water is nice down in Fla. My water hunts half the year mean looking for openings in the ice. The other half year isn't usially much better unless in small lakes or ponds. :lol:

buck57
06-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks Al and Digger. Hunting the Gulf waters is easier than the Atlantic side, normally because of the waves, but it's not calm out there all the time. It's a chore to keep your footing at times, but atleast the water is warm. Good hunting guys.