PDA

View Full Version : Found my FIRST 2 Cent Piece

wisconsin digger
07-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Whimped out on a road trip today and stayed closer to home. Was struggling a bit to even find a wheatie when I hit on a couple of Rosies. At that point I figured I found what I was going to find. I planned on hitting a different spot but gave the Rosie area one more try. I picked up a Buffalo and a couple of Wheaties when I got what I thought was another older wheatie signal (12-40/41). It was down a bit when I finally saw the edge of a coin. When I pulled it out I really thought I had a 2 cent piece but didn't believe it could be in this area. When I rubbed it off the 2 popped out immediately and sure enough it was my first 2 cent piece. Shortly after that I hit a great 12-47 and it was a '98 "O" Barber coin that had seen a few pockets. What started out pretty slow ended up great. Decided to head home as it was a bit hot and I was running out of gas. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger Oh, I almost forgot the 2nd first for me. I found a Round Ball, in great shape. It is almost exactly the diameter of a dime. Strange area as I don't know where all this older stuff came from. Maybe landfill.

Digger Don
07-03-2017, 03:20 PM
:wow: Congrats on your bucket lister. The photo is a little blurry, but I can tell that the two center is in great shape.:perfect10:
I can only imagine how your heart skipped a beat when you realized what you dug!! Great Job!!

The Barber and musket ball are great finds as well.

Tony Two-Cent
07-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Wow, huge congrats on your first Two Cent Piece! It appears to be in nice condition. Is the date 1868? What a terrific find! :thumbsup02:

Good job on that bucket lister! :clapping:

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
07-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Great Job!!! Two bucket listers!! That is one of the bigger musket balls too! Congrats and I'm glad you decided to stay closer to home!!

wisconsin digger
07-03-2017, 04:43 PM
When I took the photo it looked better. 1868 is correct. Thx WD

Digger_O'Dell
07-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Congrats on the nice 2 cent! Don't expect to see those in our area too often. Also congrats on your first musket ball. Not often you have a 2 bucket list day. I see you got some nice silver too, including what looks like some sterling. Well done!

aloldstuff
07-03-2017, 06:37 PM
WOW...great hunt. Huge congrats on your 1st 2 cent piece, looks great. Staying close to home paid off.

Noah
07-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Great year on the 2 cent piece, and NICE shape! Still hoping for one in decent shape, as mine are all crusty.

milco
07-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Congrats on your 1st two center! Those are always nice to find and your in great shape!

Ill Digger
07-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Sweet! :cheering:
Congrats! :grin:
They don't pop up too often, I'm sure you've noticed:lol:
I've only got a few. Each time I've dug one it's a complete surprise! They ring up like a high zincer or a low wheatie. And the when you get it in your hand they're a odd size.
So I'm usually like.... :confused:.
Then when you get the dirt off enough to see that big beautiful 2 :shocked01::shocked04:
Then it's time to dance!:happydance01:

Bucknut
07-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Even though it is heavily worn I like that 1898 O Barber Q. Always special to get an O mint mark. But that 2 cent is really awesome...any date after 1866 is hard to come by. Congrats!

MangoAve
07-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Grats on the worn barber and your first 2 center. I'm still looking for one of those. Is the 2 cent side good? The shield side is great, but the other side pic isn't as clear.

wisconsin digger
07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Both sides are very nice just did a poor job of taking the photo. Wish the barber would of been as nice. Thx WD