PDA

View Full Version : One little two little...farm houses

Noah
07-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Have to appreciate the "nads" of Daddy Digger as he approached the muscular farmer as we drove past his No Trespassing signs! Turned out to be a very friendly man, and a yes to hunt his yard. Way to go man!!
Sad though, Digger Don and I just couldn't scoop up any of the many Indians that Dave so easily found, but lucky for me a sweet Barber was left for me by a tree (still have no idea how it got missed at 2 inches). But thanks so much! That was the first yard.
Second yard was permission-ed by Don (great job man!). Just turned out to be a tough yard though, except for the 8 silver spill Dave got. Fortunately it kept me trying, as I otherwise would have given up, and that's when I found the 1851 large cent, my first for 2017. Hallelujah!! Thanks Don for inviting me on the adventure. Always, even when I get skunked it's a pleasure. Great to meet Dave finally. :)

Digger_O'Dell
07-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Not much for quantity, but both are definately quality finds! Same year Barber I just found, but yours is much nicer. Congrats!

Noah
07-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Yes, was actually getting discouraged until the Barber popped out. Than ended on a high note.

wisconsin digger
07-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Great group hunt. that's a lot of nice coins you guys pulled. WD

aloldstuff
07-04-2017, 05:43 AM
Two great finds....congrats

OxShoeDrew
07-04-2017, 06:31 AM
A very successful hunt! :clapping:That Barber is sweet.
Do you guys have long drives to meet up with each other? Congrats!

Full Metal Digger
07-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Glad you were able to get a good find from each farm house Noah. You did a good job cleaning up that largie. It looked completely fried when you first showed it to me. Also the quarter cleaned up real nice. It was jet black when you first dug it up. It was so black I couldn't even see that it was a barber! Glad I got to meet you and detect with you. That was a great story about the homeowner's wife. :perfect10:

milco
07-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Great finds, door knocking with other MDers is always a welcome adventure!

Full Metal Digger
07-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Do you guys have long drives to meet up with each other? Congrats!

I drove 4 hours to meet Don and Noah in their area.

OxShoeDrew
07-05-2017, 04:24 AM
I drove 4 hours to meet Don and Noah in their area.
Wow, that's dedication!

Bucknut
07-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Wow! Two awesome coins! That Barber is so sharp!

MangoAve
07-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Grats on the nice barber and the LC. :lol: about the first place with Dave. I have a site like that with a N.T. sign out front. How do they expect people to go there... as in mail carriers or a neighbor bringing back a lost pet, if there is really no such thing as no trespassing? Its more like you cant be there if you have no purpose. Inquiring to detect is a legit purpose to be on the prop..