PDA

View Full Version : Cellar hole diggin with Dan and Brian!

Donnie B
07-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Got out on Monday with Dan and Brian for some cellar hole diggin. Dan and Brian both had the hot coils and made some amazing finds. It was a beautiful day and I managed to squeak out a few good buttons and some other goodies including what must be a child's size thimble. It's the smallest one I have ever seen.5986959870598715987259873

Lodge Scent
07-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Nice digs. You got a couple of interesting buttons. That is a teeny thimble.

OxShoeDrew
07-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Those woods look normal, Donnie....our woods look like it's early spring as the caterpillars ate everything. Good lookin hunt!

aloldstuff
07-06-2017, 04:53 AM
Some nice looking buttons, one with a lot of gilt left on it. I think that in this day and age most if not all small children would not even know what a thimble is.....how can one text with that on your finger??

MangoAve
07-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Nice buttons, Donnie. That reminds me. I think I have a tiny thimble still in the backpack to fish out.

Donnie B
07-06-2017, 01:01 PM
I over cleaned the large Dandy a little because I thought there was more gold gilt showing. I darkened it a little bit today and I think it looks much better.59886

Donnie B
07-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Thanks! It is the smallest thimble I have ever found. I worked that spot really well but found nothing else.

Nice digs. You got a couple of interesting buttons. That is a teeny thimble.

It wasn't too bad in this spot but the last few weeks we have been in some areas where the caterpillars are terrible.

Those woods look normal, Donnie....our woods look like it's early spring as the caterpillars ate everything. Good lookin hunt!

Yeah, how can you text with one of these small thimbles? :lolsign:

Some nice looking buttons, one with a lot of gilt left on it. I think that in this day and age most if not all small children would not even know what a thimble is.....how can one text with that on your finger??

Thanks! It was a beautiful day!

Nice buttons, Donnie. That reminds me. I think I have a tiny thimble still in the backpack to fish out.

Bell-Two
07-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Those are some lovely buttons!