PDA

View Full Version : Door Knocking = 3 Yesses and a dozen Nos!

Full Metal Digger
07-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Hey Diggers,
Yesterday I met up with Don and his son Alec. We went door knocking at old farm houses. Aside from the straight "no" we also heard:

1. I have a metal detector and have already looked (we got this twice).
2. My son has a metal detector and I am saving the yard for him.
3. My son-in-law has a metal detector and he wants to come over (some day).
4. My granddaughter has a metal detector and her and her friends want to come over and dig in the yard.

We only got 3 permissions but we all managed a couple nice keepers. The oldest house we hunted was 1857 and even though there were very few targets we all managed unique coin spills there. Here is some pics. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Bucknut
07-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Congrats on more silver and relics! Didn't think you guys ever got a no!

Digger_O'Dell
07-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Couple nice finds! I heard that story about "X" has a detector and...all the time. Typically means some kid got a $20 Fisher price style beeper and are convinced they are going to find the next treasure hoard or lost diamond mine. :lol:

Digger Don
07-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Saturday WAS brutal.
But you summed it up perfectly Saturday when you said " If this is the price I have to pay for all the great finds I've had this year, I'll gladly pay it "

As rough as it was, we all still made some nice finds. Congrats on the four silvers and the old button.

now all we need is some rain!!!!!!!

aloldstuff
07-12-2017, 06:46 AM
WHAT.....you got a no. Don't these people realize who you guys are? :lol:. All in all some great keepers.