PDA

View Full Version : Buckle, Copper, Relics

OxShoeDrew
07-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Yesterday morning and this morning I hit a cellar hole that has been producing very well. Can anyone see any identifiers on that copper? Thanks!:)

Digger_O'Dell
07-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Obviously a large cent judging by the wreath in the first close up. No idea on the other side.

Tony Two-Cent
07-10-2017, 10:26 AM
I think that copper shows the top of a crown, which makes me think it may some kind of Irish Hibernia.

Nice hunt, Drew! :clapping:

Lodge Scent
07-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Nice digs Drew. Looks to me to be a LC.....Classic Head or later.

Tony Two-Cent
07-10-2017, 11:36 AM
I think it's definitely a crown on that copper. I can see the same ball at the top with a cross under it, and the same plumes. Very similar but not exactly the same as the one on the right here. I personally don't see any designs from a large cent.

Digger_O'Dell
07-10-2017, 12:38 PM
I think that copper shows the top of a crown, which makes me think it may some kind of Irish Hibernia.

By golly, you're right, i stand corrected!

OxShoeDrew
07-10-2017, 01:09 PM
You're got to be kidding me Tony!! :shocked04: You have some good peepers!! I was looking at the negative and somehow you turned it right side up and saw the positive image. Amazing ID. I think Jeff and Chris did what I did. Thank you all!!
PS This would be right in line with the other coins found here...and one coin I posted this week seems to be the same type!! I could see the obverse on that one and the reverse on this one. This coin is a mm or so larger though.
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?21008-Few-Outings-Including-Hunt-With-Aloldstuff!-EDIT

Lodge Scent
07-10-2017, 01:48 PM
I take it back. I couldn't have been more wrong. Tony is obviously correct. Tony is the new copper ID king. Dan has lost his crown to a guy from the Midwest! Long live the King. :notworthy:

Tony Two-Cent
07-10-2017, 01:55 PM
LOL I was just waiting for Dan to comment on this one. He probably knows the exact type, variety and date. :notworthy:

I'm just a pretender! :embarrassed:

The Rebel
07-10-2017, 02:30 PM
WTG Drew!

aloldstuff
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Nice hunting Drew and nice ID Tony.....:notworthy:

del
07-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Great hunt Drew , very nice site to be producing all that "loot" :wow:Congrats

I think it's definitely a crown on that copper. I can see the same ball at the top with a cross under it, and the same plumes. Very similar but not exactly the same as the one on the right here. I personally don't see any designs from a large cent.

Great Id Tony , I think your right !:notworthy: It seems very close to a William & Mary Hibernia type

I take it back. I couldn't have been more wrong. Tony is obviously correct. Tony is the new copper ID king. Dan has lost his crown to a guy from the Midwest! Long live the King. :notworthy:

"All Hail the King" :notworthy:

OxShoeDrew
07-11-2017, 12:10 PM
You guys are ALL kings in my book!! I'm more of a Joker :twirlingeyes: