PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Interference?

OxShoeDrew
07-13-2017, 03:02 PM
A few years ago I was hunting with Mangoave Jim and he hexed my machine! :lol: (Jim-this was the day of the psychotic lady) For some weeks afterward I'd get this intermittent interference. It would sound like an engine running for a minute then abruptly stop for five or ten minutes. After a few weeks everything went back to normal...until last week...as I was pulling some nice coins I had to wait every five minutes or so for the engine running. Thankfully it seems to start around 7am...near the end of my hunts :lol: Could this be a planes and their flight paths change? It's not my cell phone. I know what that sounds like :lol: Thanks!
PS I'm an hour from Logan and a bit more from Westover Air force Base.

del
07-13-2017, 05:48 PM
My DFX gets interference from planes all the time Drew , its possible

Full Metal Digger
07-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking! It only lasts a second or two. It sounds like police or fire department chatter.

Lodge Scent
07-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking!

That's your conscious saying instead of going out detecting, you should be home cutting your grass.

Digger_O'Dell
07-13-2017, 08:51 PM
That's your conscious saying instead of going out detecting, you should be home cutting your grass.

LOL That sounds like my mind saying I should be out detecting while I'm cutting the grass!

Lodge Scent
07-13-2017, 08:52 PM
A few years ago I was hunting with Mangoave Jim and he hexed my machine! :lol:

Drew the solution is obvious. You need to your local fortune teller and have her put a reverse hex on Jim. :devilish:

The Rebel
07-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Good thing it's not the wife coming thru saying it's time to come home, LOL! :rofl:

Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking! It only lasts a second or two. It sounds like police or fire department chatter.

del
07-15-2017, 03:05 PM

LOL That sounds like my mind saying I should be out detecting while I'm cutting the grass!

Drew the solution is obvious. You need to your local fortune teller and have her put a reverse hex on Jim. :devilish:

Good thing it's not the wife coming thru saying it's time to come home, LOL! :rofl:

:rofl::lol: your all comedians :rofl:

OxShoeDrew
07-15-2017, 05:49 PM
:rofl::lol: your all comedians :rofl:I know, it's like open mic night lol

Joe Dirt
07-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Are there any crop circles in your area? If so then.......

OxShoeDrew
07-17-2017, 08:08 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/11/00/3717A02800000578-0-image-a-21_1470872118565.jpg

MangoAve
07-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Sure, Drew. Can't blame it on Lou as we haven't seen him since. But, we can blame that woman who knew your name. It was all cuz we were on "her" property. Lol.
I can def see interference on the TV when a plane flies overhead. These are now digital signals yet they are still subject to interference by planes. The avionics stuff isn't even in the TV broadcast band. You do have to realize that your coil is effectively an antenna.
Weird that it's only a minute and would sound like an engine. It took a while to find the ranges of RPM on a jet, cuz I thought they differed than a car. Kinda. The main fan is 4-5k, the spool 12-15k, and the burner spool around 20k. Most planes have the turbofan style. I am surprised you forgot about the smaller ones out near you. There is one right out in Windham where the small planes go.

Mine does sometimes flake out, but it IS from the cell phone. The coil will be still and there no nearby targets. I take out the cell and do something like pull up a website or check my GPS and all the sudden I'm seeing the target indicator bounce and a few ferrous grunts happen. I've had it where all the sudden the machine sounds off and then bam: there is something like a BookFace notification or an incoming message. Sometimes when it flakes out the most, it is directional. My guess is that the coil is between the phone and antenna. And maybe the antenna is at a lower elevation than I am at.

And Jeff, I think he did that a while ago. That's why I been feeling like this for a month.