PDA

View Full Version : Best Coin of the Month Award - June 2017

del
07-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Best Coin of the Month Award - June 2017

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/images/medals/medal-blue-gold.gif

On behalf of the American Detectorist Metal Detecting Forum, it is with great honor that we extend to Donnie B congratulations for receiving the Best Coin of the Month award for his 1652 Pine Tree Schilling.

The above icon and description of the award will be displayed on his profile, as well as on the 'Awards' tab at the top of the forum. It will also be recorded permanently in the 'Awards' forum located here

Thank you very much for your outstanding participation, ​Donnie !

Regards,

The American Detectorist Metal Detecting Forum staff

Full Metal Digger
07-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Congrats Donnie! You found the holy grail of American coins. Are you going to get it graded and slabbed? Looking forward to hearing how it grades out. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

del
07-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Its not very often a coin gets unchallenged by another in the voting or one that wins unanimously , that says a lot !

Donnie B
07-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Thank you very much. I will probably never have the coin graded or slabbed. I honestly would worry myself sick while it was in transit back and forth to a grading company. Also, I will never sell the coin so the only point would be to establish a provenance. One of my posts was noticed by a major auction house who contacted me to see if I would allow them to handle the auction should I desire to sell the coin. During that conversation I was told that the coin would probably grade EF or AU Details. I haven't cleaned the coin and it is still in the condition it was in when Danny and I held it in our hands that day in the woods.

Congrats Donnie! You found the holy grail of American coins. Are you going to get it graded and slabbed? Looking forward to hearing how it grades out. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

I owe it all to you my friend. You made an old man's dream come true. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Its not very often a coin gets unchallenged by another in the voting or one that wins unanimously , that says a lot !