RobW
08-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Does anyone else hunt with the 1350:huh::huh:

coinnut
08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
RobW does lol

RobW
08-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah, Yeah, just looking for some suggestions to try to get more depth...can't seem to get past the 4-5 inch mark.

coinnut
08-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Yeah, just looking for some suggestions to try to get more depth...can't seem to get past the 4-5 inch mark.

You will just have to wait until you get your new toy. ;) I wish I knew Garretts more, but I'm not sure on how to supe them up. lol Most machines are usually run with the disc as low as possible, sensitivity up and Pre Amp (if you have one) up to the point of stability and maybe a hair more. If it has recovery rates or sweep speeds, then they need to be adjusted too. Send it over and I'll look at it lol Really, if you haven't tried any of them adjustments (which you probably already did) then try them. Otherwise, that may be the limit of that machine in our particular junky soil. :ticked:

RobW
08-30-2010, 08:24 AM
My problem when I jump up the sensitivity, It becomes very unstable and the readings are all over the place.

coinnut
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
My problem when I jump up the sensitivity, It becomes very unstable and the readings are all over the place.

Readings sound wise (chatter) or screen wise (numbers)?? To get the maximum depth out of any machine, you have to put up with a bit of chatter and some randon icons or numbers. The trick is to find a way to hear the difference between chatter and better chatter lol Once you get a better iffy reading, you can focus on it and usually tell if it's a deep Wheat of something. Once you open up the hole, it usually gets much better. But unless you stop for it, you will never know it is there. That's why we run our machines hot Rob.

RobW
09-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh, so you're telling me it's like talking with my wife.....I hear blah, blah, blah, something important....blah, blah, blah, so I should not pay attention to the blah nor the visuals.

coinnut
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Oh, so you're telling me it's like talking with my wife.....I hear blah, blah, blah, something important....blah, blah, blah, so I should not pay attention to the blah nor the visuals.

Pretty much lol