PDA

View Full Version : Indians galore

Noah
07-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Maybe not Indians galore for me, but it was for Don! I'll let him post that. But was a relatively good hunt for me in WI. Two Indians (1894 and 1865), 1938 Merc, 1916 Buffalo, remains of a silver ring, and some relics. I think I got musket balls! Wonderful weather and soil was free of trash and moist. :grin:

Digger_O'Dell
07-22-2017, 11:47 PM
Very nice Noah! Been a lean year for coins in my part of Wi. 2 1/2 hour drive out the other day hunting mid to early 1800s sites and nothing but some clad in 9 hours of hunting. Glad you're finding some of the good stuff!

BTV Digger
07-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Nice finds Noah! Those sure look like medium-sized musket balls to me, though the ones I find are white metal lead alloy and not as dark as yours. With the 1865 IH that certainly puts them in the correct time period. The '38 Merc looks to have some nice detail. Congrats.

John

wisconsin digger
07-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Nice hunt you guys had, Yes Don is the Indian Master. WD

Noah
07-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Thanks you guys. BTW. Is a Double D coil going to require tight overlapping swings just as the older machines? Can't seem to figure how I missed so many Indians in the same yard as Don. Or is there a better than stock setting that will pick up better on my E Trac? Just looking for opinions. Not that I did bad, just never seem to pick up enough of the older deeper coins.

Digger Don
07-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Thanks you guys. BTW. Is a Double D coil going to require tight overlapping swings just as the older machines? Can't seem to figure how I missed so many Indians in the same yard as Don. Or is there a better than stock setting that will pick up better on my E Trac? Just looking for opinions. Not that I did bad, just never seem to pick up enough of the older deeper coins.

I don't think it was your machine, I went over the area that you hunted and didn't find any either. You can't hear them if they're not there! LOL.

I just get lucky and hunted an area of the yard that had a lot of activity.

Noah
07-23-2017, 06:17 PM
Ya, but we switched sides and then back again. You picked up at least another even after I'd been there. Thought I had slowed it down too. Oh well. It was just your turn. Great day!

aloldstuff
07-24-2017, 10:47 AM
I don't think it was your machine, I went over the area that you hunted and didn't find any either. You can't hear them if they're not there! LOL.

I just get lucky and hunted an area of the yard that had a lot of activity.

I did a yard a couple of years ago and got 6 IH's, went back and got 5 more. Its not the coil.... great finds