PDA

View Full Version : Karma

fyrffytr1
07-27-2017, 09:57 PM
I was hunting a local park with a buddy the other day and not having much luck. I was finding the usual clad and assorted junk when I finally got a good signal. I dug a gold washed/plated fairy shaped charm and stuck it in my pouch. A little later a family leaving the park approached my buddy and asked if he had found anything good. He said no gold or silver and I piped up and said I had gold. They came over to me and I pulled the charm out and handed it to the little girl to look at. Her eyes lit up so the only thing I could do was give it to her. The parents said no but I insisted saying I had no use for it and it would be put in a plastic box along with my other finds so they graciously accepted it and went their way.
Not 10 minutes later I got an iffy signal and decided to dig it. I was surprised to see silver in the hole and it turned out to be a 42 dime. I think that more than made up for the charm I gave away. My only regret is I didn't get a picture of it or the smile on that little girl's face.

OxShoeDrew
07-27-2017, 11:03 PM
A great story! Well done! :thumbsup02:

Digger_O'Dell
07-28-2017, 02:20 AM
A great story! Well done! :thumbsup02:

Agreed! :thumbsup01:

When I gain the attention of curious, well mannered kids, they will usually watch me dig up signals, ask questions, etc. I always leave them go away with a little "treasure" of their own from my pouch. Usually it's just a crusty penny or toy car, whatever I have on hand. But the smile in return is priceless!

aloldstuff
07-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Yes the karma came back in full force.....:thumbsup02:

CTTodd
07-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Well done. You have Fairy Dust on you.

Digger Don
08-01-2017, 09:06 AM
I nice act and a nice reward :congrats: