PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Hunt w/E-Trac

z118
08-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Got out tonight for a few hours with the E-Trac. I put thoughts of deep silver coins out of my head and resolved to do my thing, and that, of course, is digging clad. I figure cutting my teeth with the E-Trac by digging a ton of targets is the way to go. I did pretty well, pulling 76 coins total worth $6.64 as well as a few trinkets. I mostly just focused on the tones, and after a while found myself not really paying attention to the screen at all. No real lessons tonight, though I did figure out that as with the Sov, coin spills can and will ring up all over the place on the E-Trac.

Happy hunting!

Beefcake
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow, that's alot of nickels...lol I think that is more than I have dug all year. Good to put the deep dreams out of your mind for right now. I am pretty confident in my silver digs at up to 8, but I have never found any deeper silvers. I know that in order to find them, you can't expect them to have the same target ID as one that is at 6... That subtlety is what folks like Angel have been able to hone in on. I have not. If I get a mixed deep signal, I still tend to think it is junk, therefore I don't know which of them to dig or not. That sweet tone and the numbers are really good up to the 8 mark and that gets you into the vast majority of silver coins in my neck of the woods. Up in the NE, you might get targets that deep, but Ohio I don't concern myself with such signals.

coinnut
08-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Up in the NE, you might get targets that deep, but Ohio I don't concern myself with such signals.

Hey Angel, road trip to Ohio next lol I'm in the same boat. Up to 8 I can handle, but for the 9 and 10 ones , I need work :thinkingabout: Z, great that you are taking it slow and just hunting normally for a bit. It took me a while to get a target deeper than 6 I guess swinging it like I was cutting grass didn't help either. I bet in 6 months you will have learned a lot.

RobW
08-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey it's a learning curve, I'll be starting mine soon. I too am use to the ding, ding, dig. So I'll be leaning Chineese...I mean Austrailian..... so let's see about $7 in finds, you only have $1493 to go to pay for it....lol.

jkress
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Awesome... looks like you are finding the right coinage, just need to get the earlier ones.

Congrats on getting a better handle on your machine.

angellionel
08-27-2010, 10:09 PM
You will do fine, Z. Just keep at it. :yes:

Hey Angel, road trip to Ohio next lol I'm in the same boat. Up to 8 I can handle, but for the 9 and 10 ones , I need work :thinkingabout: Z, great that you are taking it slow and just hunting normally for a bit. It took me a while to get a target deeper than 6 I guess swinging it like I was cutting grass didn't help either. I bet in 6 months you will have learned a lot.

A road trip to Ohio is right! lol I can hear that silver whispering sweet nothings in my ears. lol

Beefcake
08-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Some of the sites I've been too...I think, you know, Angel would have like 6 silvers in this place....lol

z118
08-28-2010, 05:14 AM
You will do fine, Z. Just keep at it. :yes:

A road trip to Ohio is right! lol I can hear that silver whispering sweet nothings in my ears. lol

As long as you stop in Upstate NY on the way there. I've got some spots that I'd love to see what you'd pull out of. Okay, maybe I wouldn't love to see it, I'd probably be infuriated. But it would still be worth it!

angellionel
08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
As long as you stop in Upstate NY on the way there. I've got some spots that I'd love to see what you'd pull out of. Okay, maybe I wouldn't love to see it, I'd probably be infuriated. But it would still be worth it!

That's probably doable. I will keep that in mind, as I do intend to make a few long trips before winter sets in. :yes: