PDA

View Full Version : Last several hunts

wisconsin digger
08-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Lost my WiFi router in a storm and was having a bit of an issue dealing with photos on my old computer. Figured something out so the post is from 4 or 5 hunts I've had in the last couple of weeks. Been fortunate to find a few nice sterling rings as well as a little silver. The weirdest hunt I had was a weekend I spent Upnorth at the cottage. I only took the AT pro to try some water hunting (that was a flop) and decided to hit a little Park I have found a lot of clad at but not anything old. The Park was true to form as I found 21 quarters but the surprise of the hunt was a Walking Half in the outfield of the baseball diamond. So I found over $ 5 in modern clad and the Walking Half. A hunt I did on Tuesday was a bit weird as well. Went on a road trip to a new town and hit the local Park. I literally placed my detector on the ground and hit a deep wheat immediately. Moved the coil a couple of swings and found a Rosie. Already thinking I had a unhunted park I spent the next hour or so finding a memorial and clad dime. I did spend another hour or so and managed a Merc and several Wheaties but in total I found only 11 coins. In total I found about $30 in clad on the several hunts the Walker, 1 Washington, 2 Rosies, a Merc, 1 V Nickel and a Buffalo, 1 Indian along with 26 wheats. definitely in the dog days of August. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
08-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Lots of great silvers there! Congrats! I agree those were weird hunts.

PL8MAN
08-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Sweet finds!

Digger_O'Dell
08-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Very nice hunts with lots of round shiny goodies! Seems to be the year for odd hints for some reason. The silver is pretty lean too.

Joe Dirt
08-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Good lookin' stuff there. That arrowhead sure is small.

OxShoeDrew
08-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Don't you hate it when you immediately find something at a new site then nothing for an hour!?:angry:
The dirt was kind to the V nickel. Nice pile of silver! Congrats!

Robbie
08-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Nice score on the silver ,I`ve haven`t found a walker yet. The arrow head necklace piece is cool too. I found one of those a few months ago.

wisconsin digger
08-06-2017, 05:29 PM
The "V" nickel already got its salt and vinegar bath. I left it in a little too long as I burnt the surface a bit.. Thx WD

Digger Don
08-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Congrats on all the nice silver.
I hate the dreaded 15 minute rule. More often than not, if I dig a good coin in the first 15 minutes it takes forever for the next one.
Glad to see you posting.

Pastpursuits
08-07-2017, 08:25 PM
I could look at that silver all day long!!! Great hunts and glad your back posting!!!
PP

MIKE54
08-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Nice haul of silver wheats and rings. I'm glad the guys that cherry pick silver leave the wheats behind.

aloldstuff
08-09-2017, 05:07 AM
Yeah, weird hunts but some great results. :thumbsup01: