PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for my absence

del
08-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Sometimes you have moments in life that consume all of your attention or time and leave little time for anything else :yes: Well for the last month or two I've had a couple of things that were in the forefront of my medulla oblongata ....

One was trying to settle into a new job , hours and routine ....

This has taken about two months now but things are starting to "settle" and find my place and new faces to get use too.

the second thing was coping with my oldest Daughter (Kimberly) and knowing for these last few months she would be leaving me and my wife (Suzette) , moving out to Arizona to continue her college education at ASU . She left last Tuesday Aug. 1 but there was much preparation leading up to that point , we had a large gathering of her close friends and family the Saturday before for a "pigroast" to say last goodbyes . then Tuesday it was families turn .

It was a very bittersweet Day of mixed emotions ... We said good bye to our oldest Daughter as she boarded a Jet to Phoenix to pursue her education and dreams. Truthfully I don' know when the next time I'll see her , I've heard that your children are the only thing in this world that can make you the proudest and break your heart at the same time .... Is it selfish of me to wish her the best and also hope things don't work out so she comes back home to me ??? I love you so much my daughter and I really pray for your success , safety and happiness !! I didn't want to let you go at the airport ! Dad

aloldstuff
08-09-2017, 05:21 AM
And life goes on......as your shirt shows.

Donnie B
08-09-2017, 06:24 AM
That's a great photo of you and your daughter. Someone said to me once that you have 18 years to pack their bags before they leave the nest. You packed her bags well, my friend. You, and your wife, did good.

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2017, 06:42 AM
Congrats on a job well done, Dan....she'll do well in the world. I hope you like your new gig too! Love the shirt :lol:

Lodge Scent
08-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Awwwwww.....that's nice. Sorry I missed this post when you did it Dan. It is very hard when the fledglings leave the nest and go off to school. The good thing about her going to ASU is that though ASU is a great school and Tempe is a great college town ......it's just too hot for 6 months of the year for someone from CT to want to permanently relocate there ;)

Life does come fast sometimes and from multiple angles. But there's nothing like a good day out in the woods detecting to help keep your sanity.

Tony Two-Cent
08-24-2017, 12:03 PM
First of all, congrats on your new job, Dan. I hope that it is a nice opportunity for you.

Secondly, I understand your reluctance to let your daughter go so far away to college. I'm sure that she will blossom into a fine young woman. You should be proud. Best to you and your daughter.