PDA

View Full Version : I Went Digging with Daddy Digger and Tony Two-Cent this Weekend!

Digger Don
08-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Friday after work, I met up with Dave for a little door knocking. We tried finding a farm house, but no luck. We came across a little town and decided to try there. The second house we tried gave us a yes . My first good target was a nice sterling ring, followed by a 1920 merc, a 1944-P War nickel and a crusty 1882 Indian. At a house across the street, I dug a 1941-D merc.

Saturday, Tony joined us and we decided to try farm house knocking again. I didn't dig anything but a few relics most of the day, but the the last farm proved more productive. My first good find was a 1911 V nickel. I followed that with a 1941 merc and three Indians (1888, 1901,1907) plus a few wheats.

Sunday was brutal. Dave headed back south first thing Sunday morning, so Tony & I headed out for the day. We had a hard time finding anyone home and did a lot of driving around. We finally got a yes at a house in town and I dug an 1895 V nickel & a Hog Token. Back to the farms and still not much luck. The last permission of the day produced a 1906 Indian, a ball button and 3 hem weights.
I had a great time guys, Thanks for making the drive up!!!

Noah
08-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Not bad buddy. The merc look perty sweet, and congrats on the V nickles, and war nickle. I haven't found any of them all year! Always love the Indians too. :thumbsup02:
All I got on Sunday was a single merc, but it was better than nothing. :grin:

Digger_O'Dell
08-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a nice couple days hunting. You did well with the ring and some really nice coins. Very cool toy truck too!

OxShoeDrew
08-17-2017, 05:08 AM
Good looking ring Don! Sounds like a dream weekend!

Tony Two-Cent
08-17-2017, 08:13 AM
It was great detecting with you, Don!

You had some great finds! That ring is fantastic. You and Dave both beat me on silver.

One thing I noticed about all of those squeeze box reeds we found, they all appear to be whole. Usually the little vibrating tine is broken or missing, that's why they throw them away. These all appear to be new ones. Weird.

Too bad Alec couldn't join us. Please tell him that Tony says "hi".

wisconsin digger
08-18-2017, 10:19 AM
It's amazing how many "V" nickels you guys found. Great hunts. WD

Full Metal Digger
08-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Great finds Don, Thanks again for hosting! The ring is an ESPO. Worth more than melt and collectable too. Of course, I LOVE the truck! How about a better pic of the ball button? Could be old, you know. I found that same pig token a few years ago but with a different company name on it (Sunset Meats, St. Louis, MO). That war nickel is way nicer than any I ever find! Thanks again and HH, Dave.

del
08-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Very nice silver total Don , I'm glad to see all you guys get together for some digging and laughs .

Dan

aloldstuff
08-23-2017, 04:32 PM
You guys always get the goods..love that little green truck