PDA

View Full Version : Park Hunt Cut Short

aloldstuff
08-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Finally got out for a short (very short) hunt to a local park. Things were going good,then the soccer boys showed up.

Managed to get 2 merc's, a 1927 and a 1943. Also got a 1958 wheat and what I think is a 1943 toasted wheat?????

Sorry about the quality of the pics....feeling like RobW right about now

Short and sweet....thanks for reading. GL and HH everyone

Tony Two-Cent
08-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Too bad your hunt was cut short, Al, it looks like you were making some good finds. Two Mercs in a short span is a good sign.

Was the 1943 cent in with a spill or another target? My machine discriminates them out because they're steel. I only find them if they are in with a coin spill. I must say that yours certainly looks like the ones I have found.

Bucknut
08-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Yep you need to get there! Congrats on the silver and what I think is a steelie!

aloldstuff
08-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Too bad your hunt was cut short, Al, it looks like you were making some good finds. Two Mercs in a short span is a good sign.

Was the 1943 cent in with a spill or another target? My machine discriminates them out because they're steel. I only find them if they are in with a coin spill. I must say that yours certainly likes like the ones I have found.

Tony, found about 12" from the 43 merc

Yep you need to get there! Congrats on the silver and what I think is a steelie!

Bucknut, between you and Tony I believe that's 2 confirmations on the steelie...thanks

Digger_O'Dell
08-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Very nice hunt Al, hope it's the start of a trend and not a flash in the pan.

wisconsin digger
08-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Tis the season with school right around the corner. Nice results for a short hunt. That equals my silver for my last 3 hunts. WD

aloldstuff
08-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Tis the season with school right around the corner. Nice results for a short hunt. That equals my silver for my last 3 hunts. WD

If it makes you feel any better those 2 silvers are my only silvers fty.....:lol:

Cheap Thrills
08-26-2017, 05:06 PM
If it makes you feel any better those 2 silvers are my only silvers fty.....:lol:

Nice going Al , that beats the heck out of my one silver for the last two years and yours are Mercs !

BTV Digger
08-26-2017, 08:13 PM
Nice going Al! I've never pulled coin silver from any of my park hunts. Some silver bling, yes. Wheaties, yes. Silver coins no. Definitely a little corner of the park you should try again!

John