PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day with RobW

aloldstuff
09-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Finally got to detect with Rob. We made it a pretty full day but it wasn't to fulfilling...:lol:.

Started off at a small town library, which is where we each got some silver. No coins but I got a nice religious medal and Rob got a small silver ring. Dug some oddities there also.

We next hit a 1700's house where NO keepers were found. Next up was a field and again NO keepers were found.

Our last stop was at a 1854 house, according to the marker and Rob managed 5 wheats of which he gave 3 to the homeowner.

At all spots clad was found but who cares about that....:lol:.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone else fared better than the two of us.

Digger_O'Dell
09-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Nice finds still, at least you have silver. Looking at the back of that religious medal it appears to be marked with the "M". That's from Marquette University here in Milwaukee. Those are popping up all over lately for some reason.

wisconsin digger
09-05-2017, 06:17 PM
It is always great to get out especially in fall. I believe I have found a similar religious medal to that one. Nice find. I never frown on my clad as it always helps with gas. Nice hunt. WD

OxShoeDrew
09-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Good looking medal, Al You both dug silver....no skunkings.

Tony Two-Cent
09-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Congrats on the religious medal! It's always nice to find one that is sterling silver. So many of them are aluminum or just plated.

Here's some info about the "M" on the back:

"The Reverse Side - On the reverse side of the Miraculous Medal is a cross and the letter "M". The cross represents Christ's sacrifice for our salvation, while the bar under the cross stands for the Earth. The "M" stands for "Mary" and her true devotion both to Jesus and to her children on Earth. The two hearts are the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The entire image is surrounded by twelve stars. The stars can represent both the twelve Apostles and the verse from the Book of Revelation, "a great sign appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars" (Revelation 12:1)."

Digger Don
09-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Hey, at least you got out and had some fun. Nice silver medal.
as WD said, that clad adds up!:clapping:

BTV Digger
09-08-2017, 04:56 AM
Hey Al...getting out, and with a friend is what it's all about. Plus you both found a piece of silver! I've been on similar hunts many times, believe me. Hit a very remote cellar hole last year and my only coin was a 1992 Roosevelt Dime. Completely nuts.

John