PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day hunts / A few more Indians and a South African 1/4 Penny

Digger Don
09-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Weekend I got out for a few hours and ended coming home with two 1904 Indians and 9 wheats.
This past weekend I tried it again.The very first signal at the very first house gave up an 1887 Indian. I thought we found a killer yard, but other than a couple of wheats, that was it. The second house we hit, I dug an 1893 Indian and a 1937 Buff.

Things slowed down for a while, but at the last house of the day I dug a very worn 1895-S Barber dime and a 1952 South Africa 1/4 penny. unfortuanetly I stabbed it with the digger. I also dug 21 wheats, 16 of which came from the last house.
Sorry about the photo quality. I must have had a dirty lens!!

Tony Two-Cent
09-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Nice finds, Don! That's a lot of wheat cents! The South Africa 1/4 Penny is an interesting find. I've never seen one before.

The 1895-S Barber Dime is a semi-key date. It guides for $42 in G-4 condition. Not a common find!

:congrats:

Bucknut
09-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Man you have found a ton of Indians this year! 100 is in reach for the year. That barber is a hard one to find....great job!

Digger Don
09-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Nice finds, Don! That's a lot of wheat cents! The South Africa 1/4 Penny is an interesting find. I've never seen one before.

The 1895-S Barber Dime is a semi-key date. It guides for $42 in G-4 condition. Not a common find!

:congrats: Thanks Tony. I wasn't aware of that.
it was from the same yard that Noah dug is six pence. I think I need to go back to that yard and give it another shot in a few weeks!

aloldstuff
09-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Nice group of keepers. The Barber sure is a semi-key date. IH's a pile of wheats plus a buff.....:thumbsup02:

BTV Digger
09-08-2017, 04:53 AM
Very nice Don and congrats on the semi-key IH. Have you considered getting the free PCGS Photograde and Price Guide apps for your phone? They can give you quick coin-grade estimates and current prices for most coins. I would think those would come in handy for you since your annual IH/silver haul continues to be quite impressive!

John