PDA

View Full Version : SKUNKED CELLAR HOLES WITH GARY

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
i haven't been out all that much lately.but did manage one hunt with gary.yes Danno Gary dug 2 coronet large cents.one 1838 corroded and bent and a decent 1847 and a few small flat buttons.
my measley take for that day was one lone button,a suspender buckle and on one piece of pewter cutlery i can read BRITAIN but i think just above that i see the letter BA? could it read BAN BRITAIN? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 12:31 PM
MORE PICS

del
08-27-2010, 12:44 PM
yes i was just telling George how quiet you've been lately , too.everything well:huh: hey atleast you got out , are you going tomarro too:huh: hey you have to throw Gary a bone every now and then to keep him from getting discouraged lol lol besides you've had a pretty good run up until now , save some for the rest of us Dave lol lol. did you guys get enough of rain to notice a change in conditions :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i'm looking toward tomarro's hunt i have a good feeling <: <: that George will get skunked :happydance01: :teasing: lol lol i'm due to show up that e-trac. :peace:

coinnut
08-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey Dave, Sometimes you just have to let the other guy get some coppers lol I do it all the time with Del. That pewter handle is an old one. Not very often you can get anything legible off of pewter. Remember, even if you get skunked once, it's the total yearly take that makes for a good season. Another GW button found and you will forget about being skunked this time rofl Trust me :cheesysmile: lol

i'm looking toward tomarro's hunt i have a good feeling <: <: that George will get skunked :happydance01: :teasing: lol lol i'm due to show up that e-trac. :peace:

Sorry pal, there are no more skunked days for me. But you on the other hand? :confused: I'll let you pick the spot. If it were just me, I'd be at the button sites or your GW site to try and go slow slow slow lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 04:07 PM
yes i was just telling George how quiet you've been lately , too.everything well:huh: hey atleast you got out , are you going tomarro too:huh: hey you have to throw Gary a bone every now and then to keep him from getting discouraged lol lol besides you've had a pretty good run up until now , save some for the rest of us Dave lol lol. did you guys get enough of rain to notice a change in conditions :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i'm looking toward tomarro's hunt i have a good feeling <: <: that George will get skunked :happydance01: :teasing: lol lol i'm due to show up that e-trac. :peace:

things actually suck Dan! no luck at finding a job and i'm majorly stressing out. Me, Paul and Gary may go out tomorrow.
I'm not complaining one bit guys.just titled it this way cuz it was Gary's day and he deserved it.After diggin that GW and the Fugio,woods hibernia on 2 hunts with him..i felt he was due.
I am grateful for the year i have had so far,I truly am. :smitten:
anyhow..looking more at the piece of pewter it says BRITANIA not britain.i can vaguely make out a :usaflag: outline at top.i know the picture isn't that great.very hard to get all the detail to show up in pic.
But,just curious if cutlery was made in the new colonies with the saying BAN BRITANIA?

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey Dave, Sometimes you just have to let the other guy get some coppers lol I do it all the time with Del. That pewter handle is an old one. Not very often you can get anything legible off of pewter. Remember, even if you get skunked once, it's the total yearly take that makes for a good season. Another GW button found and you will forget about being skunked this time rofl Trust me :cheesysmile: lol

Sorry pal, there are no more skunked days for me. But you on the other hand? :confused: I'll let you pick the spot. If it were just me, I'd be at the button sites or your GW site to try and go slow slow slow lol

I'm not disagreeing G at all with your viewpoint.I want a 1600's coin or a war of 1812 eagle button next goal.
good luck to you guys tomorrow!

coinnut
08-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Hey Dave, I thought I saw a crown under the word Britania. I think it was more likely that it was imported from England and not a message about hating Britain lol I think it's an old piece, but it's hard to tell. Pre Rev Way is my guess. Someone who knows their pewter cutlery may be able to tell you just by the design on how old it is. Hope you can find that job. Don't give up dude!! It's out there somewhere.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Hey Dave, I thought I saw a crown under the word Britania. I think it was more likely that it was imported from England and not a message about hating Britain lol I think it's an old piece, but it's hard to tell. Pre Rev Way is my guess. Someone who knows their pewter cutlery may be able to tell you just by the design on how old it is. Hope you can find that job. Don't give up dude!! It's out there somewhere.

yeah you are right about the crown.but above britania the short word that starts with B has me baffled.and there is definitley a :usaflag: outline at top

coinnut
08-27-2010, 07:17 PM
yeah you are right about the crown.but above britania the short word that starts with B has me baffled

Maybe the initials of the maker or part of a monogrammed set for the owner? Just some random thoughts lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 07:22 PM
you may be right G.who knows.hopefully you guys have a good day as i hope we do!
be safe and good luck! thumbsup01