PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Large Cent and a Gold Ring too!!

xzlr8n
08-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Had a tremendous evening last night!! Went to an older home I received permission to hunt and cleaned up. Found a 1852 Lg Cent that looks like it was dropped right after coming from a mint roll, spectacular shape <:. This coin alone would have made my evening but after pulling a bunch of newer coinage along with a few wheats sprinkled in I came across a solid nickle signal that registered all green bars stacked up at 18 VDI. I was thinking nickle but was shocked :shocked04: to find a 10k white gold Star Sapphire men's ring starring back at me in my hand, fits my ring finger perfectly too. Not much of a jewelry wearer but this made for a great gold find for me, and is only the 2nd piece of gold I've ever found. Only silver for the night was the religious medallion, which for a moment made me think I had a silver quarter because of its size and shape. Other interesting finds for the night was the polar bear figurine and a cell phone :dontknow:. It's going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face for a while from this hunt. I'm sure I will not have a hunt this good for a long time :dontknow:. Enjoy the pics and good luck hunting this weekend.

xzlr8n
08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
and pics of the Wheaties that would have made for a great hunt any other time for me rofl!!!

coinnut
08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
What a hunt!!!!! :shocked04: That LC is beautiful. You will be forever spoiled with that one lol The ring is gorgeous, and even the religious metal is silver. You died and went straight to detecting heaven rofl don't you wish every hunt was even a bit like that? Congrats on a fine day :clapping: Here is a mirror image of you :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile:

del
08-27-2010, 04:28 PM
wow :shocked04: what a great looking large cent , huge congrats . the ring is spectacular and a great find , who knows what you'll pull up next at that place.congrats again. thumbsup01

randy
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful LC. :clapping: I think we need to swap dirt lol

hockeyguy
08-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Count it! Nothing but net! :cheering: :peace:

angellionel
08-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Man, that large cent is beautiful! :drool: Some good stuff there for sure. Great hunt!

tanacat
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
That LC is gorgeous! :shocked04:stretcher: Way to go on the ring and medallion too! :clapping: What a great day for you

kenfen
08-29-2010, 06:31 AM
What a great Large Cent! Straight from the mint to the ground, I'd say.

Nice other finds too. Wonderful hunt and I'm sure you had a lot of fun.

Regards, Ken

z118
08-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Oh man what a hunt that was! That LC is beautiful and the gold ring is just amazing! Huge congrats!