PDA

View Full Version : New Sunray's first find!

Beefcake
08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Just got my new X-1 probe for the ET and put it to good use in my own yard. I've hunted this yard a rediculous amount of times and only oddball signals remain, so I decided to dig a few. This target was giving me a really mixed signal, but it did bump to a 12-46 once or twice. I cut my plug and missed my target by a couple of inches....thus the goofy signal. But, it was really nice to be able to pick up on the target through the sidewall of my hole and find it pretty quick. Turned out to be a sterling silver ring that I had missed at about 4. I like how the signal really cleans up when you cut the flap and get close with the probe. Here's the pics of the ring...

Epi-hunter
08-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Nice ring! You are really giving that E-Trac a workout. You are a good team, definitely :cheering:

coinnut
08-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Great ring and it looks a little bit thicker than they make them nowdays lol I love that probe. It really shines when a bad target throws off the pinpoint and you have to get it from the side. Also great in separating two close targets when you open up the hole. Nice silver find Brian!!

randy
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Nice ring thumbsup01 I'm thinking of getting me one of those probes also.

xzlr8n
08-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Surprise, surprise, for you!! Congrats on the silver ring :clapping:. Your story shows why you can back and back again to places you think you have cleaned out. New equipment helps and digging those odd but repeatable signals yields some good stuff sometimes too.

Lowjiber
08-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Nice find Brian!!!!

I love a Sunray...got four of them. lol

CTDirtFisher
08-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Ray @ Sunray Rocks! Great guy to talk with..

Gongratulation on that silver ring... Looks like it has some heft to it :-)

- Paul