PDA

View Full Version : 5 silver hunt and some other goodies

wisconsin digger
09-25-2017, 07:52 AM
The heat and humidity has been brutal so I opted for an old go to spot that has lots of trees. Always amazing how much stuff a guy misses. Found a few pockets I missed and ended up with 3 Mercs, 2 war nickels, 2 Buffalos and some really nasty wheats (7 total) and an old silver ring missing the stone. The trees definitely saved the day or I think I would of gave up after an hour. Cooling temps coming Wednesday so that will be a welcomed change. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

MangoAve
09-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Grats on more silvers. To go along with what you said, I've def missed a few obvious targets like when I was recovering there was a quarter at 2.5". It was a 1965 nonetheless....after I had just dug a 1965 penny. ugh. Drew said he missed a coin (Toasted LC?) in his front yard after he had been over the spot 1000x. This weekend I found obvious targets in the 50s VDI to 80s VDI like a rein guide. I wasn't more than 25ft from the cellar either.

chief5709
09-25-2017, 10:06 AM
That's a lot of nickel targets that you dug.! Congrats on the silver. The field I was detecting Saturday had no shade at all. First time in my detecting career I stopped walked back to the truck to get more water.

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Congratulations on a fantastic hunt .You really kicked butt !!

Digger_O'Dell
09-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Very nice WD! Always great to keep finding more even when you think it hunted out. Wish I could say that about a couple of my old sites, but I don't even get a peep of trash any more.

wisconsin digger
09-25-2017, 06:21 PM
It's a Park from the early 30's that has the trifecta of 10-12 signals, pulltabs, bottle caps and shotgun stamps. I don't think a lot of nickels were found over the years including by me. Takes a lot of digging to find the hidden nickels but it does have a lot of them. Even found 2 V nickels there this year. Always worth visiting especially in fall. Thx WD