PDA

View Full Version : Found gold twice !

Johan K
09-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Hey there on the other side of the planet ! Haven't been here for a while. But I'm still keeping the coil to the soil, and did some stunning finds this week.
First I've found a golden pendant from the 17th century (1650) and it is 22 K gold with little crystals in it, unfortunately the plough hit it but still a great find. It was found on former ground where use to be a little castle in the 17th century. I will have it restored.

And then, the day before yesterday, I found this huge golden ring on a field. As you know, we live below sealevel. And the spot where I found this ring was used by former pirats like vikings to go ashore. This ring will be investigated by an archaeologist to be sure it is a vikingring, but we are 99 procent sure that it is the real thing. I will add picture of an ancient viking ring to compare.

Kind regards, Johan

60963 Pendant

And this is the ring I've found:

60965 No marks on it, that is typical for that period (800 - 1100 BC)

Full Metal Digger
09-25-2017, 04:19 PM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Do you have turn over the ring to the museum like in England? Congrats on such amazing finds! You've got my vote for best jewelry of the month! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
09-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Two mind blowing finds! :omg:

That pendant certainly has a WOW factor! Good luck with the restoration, that it a good decision. What a gorgeous piece! :loveit:

And I hope the ring turns our to be Viking era. It sure does look like the other one in those photos. Incredible!

:perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
09-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Two beautiful finds , Congratulations twice !! I like the design of your ring far more than the sample one pictured .Both very worthy of finds of the month !!

wisconsin digger
09-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Amazing finds. Museum type stuff. Super congrats on the double GOLD. WD

Digger_O'Dell
09-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Incredible finds and amazing history, congrats!

Noah
09-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Making my finds look kinda like SH**!! BUT thanks for posting. Showing what real treasure looks like. I pray you don't have to turn that in given it's not a horde. Study and return to finder please! :notworthy:

Digger Don
09-25-2017, 08:15 PM
What Everybody above Said!!!! OUTSTANDING

Johan K
09-26-2017, 12:32 AM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Do you have turn over the ring to the museum like in England? Congrats on such amazing finds! You've got my vote for best jewelry of the month! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Yes, if it's the real thing I will (sell) hand it over to the museum where it belongs....so everyone can take a look at it. Tomorrow i'll visit the archaeologist, exciting !!

Lodge Scent
09-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Holy $%#$@ ! Those are beyond cool finds.

Johan K
09-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Two mind blowing finds! :omg:

That pendant certainly has a WOW factor! Good luck with the restoration, that it a good decision. What a gorgeous piece! :loveit:

And I hope the ring turns our to be Viking era. It sure does look like the other one in those photos. Incredible!

:perfect10:

Hey Tony, thanks for your reply. I visit the local archaeologist and it did turn out to be a real Viking-ring (Danish). That is something or what. I'm very very pleased with it.
They will be doing more research and it will be named it the yearbook of finds in the City were I live. Price: unknown yet.

Noah
09-28-2017, 09:19 PM
i'd rather it stayed in private hands, but that's just me. Think of all the stories you can tell when people see you wearing it! And besides in a museum, it could end up in a drawer someplace and forgotten about for a couple centuries who knows. be very interesting to know how much you get for it .

aloldstuff
09-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Two stunning finds.....hope that ring turns out to be a viking ring (sure does look like it from the photos).

Johan K
09-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Two stunning finds.....hope that ring turns out to be a viking ring (sure does look like it from the photos).

Yes, it's the real thing. Viking 9th century, Danish

del
10-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Incredible finds Johan :loveit: Truly treasure to dream of :perfect10:!! Huge congrats and thanks for sharing it with us .

Dan

Rogue Relic Hunter
12-04-2017, 02:12 PM
very nice. finding gold is always a good thing! :detecting:

Rogue Relic Hunter
12-05-2017, 11:47 AM
very nice. congrats! :detecting:

Willems
12-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Haha also nice here johan:thumbsup02:

Ill Digger
12-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Two beautiful finds , Congratulations twice !! I like the design of your ring far more than the sample one pictured .Both very worthy of finds of the month !!
Yeah....WOW! :wow:
I agree with Cheep Thrills, that your ring is a even more beautiful than the one pictured as an example!
Simply stunning!
Congrats! :congrats: