PDA

View Full Version : adjacent to garbage

hockeyguy
08-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, I finally got out again today...had a rough week with my kid totaling his car.. thanks god he was ok. hard to believe it since he flipped a convertable. I feel lucky, very lucky.

So I went back to the school that has been giving up some goods for Scott and i. I only had ~ 1 3/4 hours of daylight left, and it started out slow kinda gettin into a groove. Finally I settled on reduced variability, a small amount of disc. and hi sens( sense ther's no deep iron here). I found all of these w/i 6' of each other. Two in one basicaaly, although I had to dig 2 plugs to get them out.

Not certain why I had a hard time with it, I must have listened for ~ 2 min. before committing to digging. Eventually, I decided there was something there adjacent to some garbage.....u know when you can't get the pinpoint but can hear something good in there. Many times its no good, but this time it was! Seems as though when I swing in pinpoint and feel theres a goodie coupled with the junk, if i swing fast i'll get the separation I need. I really don't need it 'cause I'll dig it if convinced. This must be why it was passed up b4.

Pretty happy with the quarter, only the 2nd or 3rd I've found. The button was an iffy tone but must be silver.

Also found a wheat and an in tact skeleton key as well as sone clad and another deep key. Perhaps the moisture helped >:\ too; it sure helped the diggin'.

Supposed to go out with Scott for a few hours tomorrow.

Anyway, I am adding 3 silvers to the count...cha ching! :peace:

HH
Aaron

xzlr8n
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Wish I could hit some silver crying01. Beauty of a SLQ you found there amongst the trash, good job sniffing her out thumbsup01.

catskillcomics
08-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Daaaamn... that is a nice SLQ!! What the hell were you doing hunting that area without me... I was just about to do the old stone wall rofl OH, that's right, I opted to go out on the boat :beerbuddy: Congrats Aaron, that is one hell of the a SLQ... !!!! <:

coinnut
08-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Nice SLQ. Anytime you get one with a date (and you don't scratch it) you are doing good :yes: That' s a pretty good hunt for a short amount of time. And as for the car...glad he is OK but I bet there was some good talking to, once you found out he was OK. lol 3 more for the pile thumbsup01

tanacat
08-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Glad your son is alright :shocked01: How scary... Congrats on your 3 silvers! Beautiful SLQ

randy
08-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Wow, nice silvers, that SLQ is a beauty.

angellionel
08-28-2010, 09:45 AM
That Standing Liberty is beautiful! :drool: Some very good finds there, Aaron. Three more for the pile! thumbsup01

And I'm glad to hear that your son is okay after that accident. Hopefully he learned a major lesson.

kenfen
08-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Hi there, my son will be driving soon, I am so glad your son is Ok.

Wonderful quarter. She's a real beauty!

Kind Regards, Ken

milco
08-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Real nice finds, glad to hear your son is OK!

RobW
08-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Glad you son is ok. Congrats on the silver!

jkress
08-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Super nice silver HG.

I always look forward to your posts regarding the Explorer.... they are very helpful.

Congrats and thanks again.