PDA

View Full Version : Private Beach hunt

Fire Fighter 43
09-29-2017, 10:10 AM
I recently got permission to detect the water at a private beach. The owner had told me that people have asked in the past but not recently. My 11” CTX coil took a crap 10 minutes into the hunt so I had to use the 6 inch. I Forgot my 17” and 5X10 but luckily I had the 6”. The shore line is about 100 yards long so I took my time and made 3 passes over a 3 hour period. As I got out deeper the sand got thicker and there were less and less signals so I figured the targets were out of the 6” range. I ended up with a fair amount of clad $1.96 and one buffalo nickel, no date. Only one ring and several junk pieces of jewelry.

Digger_O'Dell
09-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your coil going bad. That's the first I've heard of a CTX coil failing! Still, congrats on the permission and the finds. Anytime you can get a buff is a good hunt. Hope you can get back with a bigger coil and get the deeper stuff!

Bucknut
09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
I hope Minelab will take care of the coil for you! They did just that for me with my stock coil on my Etrac. Going back with a larger coil certainly will help to find more goodies.

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2017, 07:32 PM
The Chief has an aura about him . Nice going !