PDA

View Full Version : Old resort hunt.

Fire Fighter 43
09-29-2017, 10:24 AM
I obtained permission to access a creek that ran through and old resort hoping to find the swimming hole. While talking to the owner of the property he stated that I could also hunt his land that once had part of the resort on it. I started in the water and found out quickly that it was going to be tough due to the rocky bottom. I started to just clear away the rocks and use the AT pointer to locate the target. This was work8ng fine until About 30 minutes into the hunt my AT propointer went nuts. When I opened it up it was filled with water so the water hunt was over quickly.
I transitioned to the land for my last 2 hours and was pleasantly surprised with a few good finds, 3 Wheats, a 1936 Buffalo and a 1938 Merc.

aloldstuff
09-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your pinpointer....your keepers look great.

Digger_O'Dell
09-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Congrats on the permission and the good finds! Sounds like you're not doing well with your equipment in the water. :girlcry: I like to use a water resistant grease on my pinpointer o-ring as a little more insurance against that happening. I'll bet there's probably a lot of good stuff hiding in that creek. Places like that I use a pick I made to turn over the rocks and also to be able to dig in the hard pack. Hiluxota has a video demonstrating how he made his, and I made my own heavier variation for our local conditions.

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Great going on getting permission and scoring some great coins .Sorry to hear your pro pointer drowned ,were you able to revive it or is it going back to Garretts ?

Fire Fighter 43
09-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Great going on getting permission and scoring some great coins .Sorry to hear your pro pointer drowned ,were you able to revive it or is it going back to Garretts ?

It was already sent back and returned. It cost me $42 to repair it and it looks like a brand new pointer, new shell, button and circuit board. I’m not sure what the6 used from my old one but at least it was cheaper than buying new.

OxShoeDrew
09-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Looks like you have a nice site there...good luck on return visits!

Nesdore
09-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Nice Finds man sorry to hear about your pinpointer good luck on your return visits

milco
09-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Sounds like a really good spot, I am sure you will make some good finds there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken C
09-30-2017, 10:40 PM
Nice finds. I bet more coins are just waiting for your return. Good luck!

wisconsin digger
09-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Nice finds, Good to see a post from you. Hope you can spend some more time there. My water adventures have not tuned out that well this year either. Congrats bon the new locale WD

MangoAve
10-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Grats on the silver. That pro pointer is supposed to be waterproof. Read thru comments and it looks like you got it repaired. $42 ain't bad.

Digger Don
10-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Congrats on some good finds Jeff.
You always seem to find great places to detect!!