PDA

View Full Version : Buttons - Musket Ball - whatsit

aloldstuff
10-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Today I went back to the farm field to try get #30 copper out of the ground. No luck today.

I did manage 3 flat buttons one of which has a nice silver wash on it. Also a musket ball.

The whatsit I have no idea.....anybody?

Thanks for reading and HH everyone.

Digger_O'Dell
10-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Very nice buttons, and that musket ball looks pretty clean! The whatsit looks like it could be the remnant of a spur?

Lodge Scent
10-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Al I believe the whatsit is the remains of a hay fork. I am sure you will squeeze a few more coppers from that field.

Digger Don
10-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Nice buttons. I was going to go with a sling shot. LOL

calabash digger
10-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Great hunt , 29 coppers that's unreal!

OxShoeDrew
10-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Petrified wishbone? :cheesysmile: That's amazing so many targets still come from that field!

aloldstuff
10-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Very nice buttons, and that musket ball looks pretty clean! The whatsit looks like it could be the remnant of a spur?

The silver washed one actually had the shank but as I ran some water over it, it fell off. Never had that happen before. I thought spur also but ruled that out because of the v shaped.

Al I believe the whatsit is the remains of a hay fork. I am sure you will squeeze a few more coppers from that field.

Jeff, the remains of a hay fork makes sense. Hope you're right about the squeezing a few more coppers.

Nice buttons. I was going to go with a sling shot. LOL

Don, thanks for commenting. Do you think that I might have the only colonial sling shot???:lol:

Great hunt , 29 coppers that's unreal!

The 29 is the total copper count over the years from this field.

Petrified wishbone? :cheesysmile: That's amazing so many targets still come from that field!

Drew, the targets are getting fewer and fewer.:crying01: