PDA

View Full Version : buttons , and coppers with Coinnut

del
08-28-2010, 07:25 PM
today was absolutely beautiful for detecting , nice cool temps in the morning and a high in the 70's with a nice breeze :yes: we had some much needed rain earlier this week and George decided he wanted to hit an old favorite area with his new 5 inch coil . it didn't matter to me because i had a feeling i'd find a copper no matter where we went and boy i sure love when i get feelings like that :happydance01: :happydance01: well the rain sure made the ground conditions just about perfect and the buttons were hittin hard on the old dfx most were 6 inches or less and a few were more than 8 and i even squeeked out a couple of coppers . an 1841 in decent shape and a abused 1820 but i'm happy to add them to the totals. :grin:

randy
08-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow, did there used to be a button factory at that site? And that is a nice copper thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-28-2010, 07:51 PM
your feelings were right! :cheesysmile: nice finds and yeah the rain sure helped in my situation today too thumbsup01 nice coppers Dan even if one is abused.what did G get? or did the DfX abuse the E-trac today? :confused:

del
08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Wow, did there used to be a button factory at that site? And that is a nice copper thumbsup01

thanks,
thats a good question Randy as George and i have pulled around 450+ buttons from the 5 close together cellars .

your feelings were right! :cheesysmile: nice finds and yeah the rain sure helped in my situation today too thumbsup01 nice coppers Dan even if one is abused.what did G get? or did the DfX abuse the E-trac today? :confused:

George got a few more buttons and 1 copper but i think it will be in good shape

coinnut
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
what did G get? or did the DfX abuse the E-trac today? :confused:

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:...... :hammer: :hammer:...... :blackeye:....... :stretcher:........ :kiss:

Don't even think of that lol It will never happen. I took my lumps before rofl
I had a good day today also. The machines were both hitting hard. I managed to sneak out a copper that was very close to the cellar hole that both of us walked over a couple of times. Man what a difference some rain makes :clapping: Found 23 good buttons and a couple of broken pieces. A couple of matching Tombacks, Some very small detailed buttons (dime for size), a pair of lead buttons with swivel shanks, and a still silvered button. Got a crotal bell and some clad at my town common that I hit afterwards. A great day to be out in the sun!!

del
08-28-2010, 09:16 PM
hey button man , great matron ya found there buddy but how did that e-trac miss that coin with the 11 inch coil but not the 5 inch :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :crazy: :crazy: those are some tiny buttons , nice . congrats George

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-28-2010, 09:23 PM
hey buttons!(we are droppin the G and your new name is buttons) sweet finds :loveit: the matron came out very nice! never seen a swivel shank before.pretty cool idea less broken ones i bet! hence the reason ya don't find many i take it?
great hunt guys!
one closer to your goal G! i mean buttons :kiss:

coinnut
08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
hey button man , great matron ya found there buddy but how did that e-trac miss that coin with the 11 inch coil but not the 5 inch :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :crazy: :crazy: those are some tiny buttons , nice . congrats George

Thanks. That copper looks like it was dropped almost mint :drool: I wish they made them out of some indistructable material lol What a collecton everyone would have. I guess the rain helped out for finding that copper. That and the fact that we really took our time today. That small coil was just small enough to separate the iron around it. What a button machine them sites are :drool: i wish I kept all them buttons separate from my other ones. It would have made a great display :yes:

coinnut
08-28-2010, 09:39 PM
hey buttons!(we are droppin the G and your new name is buttons) sweet finds

Thanks Davey, I mean &quot:beerbuddy:utters rofl I like that name for you. I think we will name you Butters...yeah, that's what we'll do :cheering: :cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks Davey, I mean &quot:beerbuddy:utters rofl I like that name for you. I think we will name you Butters...yeah, that's what we'll do :cheering: :cheering:

ok wise guy! oh wait that's me :thinkingabout:
what's the meaning behind butters? :huh: :beatdown:

coinnut
08-28-2010, 09:47 PM
ok wise guy! oh wait that's me :thinkingabout:
what's the meaning behind butters? :huh: :beatdown:

Google Southpark my friend lol

John M
08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Great looking finds guys.Looks like you have a very friendly site that was used for quite some time.
Been a while since I have been out,hasn't been a peaceful summer.Every week seems something happens or comes along.But on the brighter side My farm field will be opening up soon.

angellionel
08-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Those are some sweet finds, and so many buttons! :shocked01: The site looks great too. I had been picturing plenty of overgrowth, but that place looks like a nice one to detect. If only the parks here would yield coppers in that condition. :drool:

Epi-hunter
08-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Great finds guys, and I love the photos! Looks like a very peaceful site to detect.

Did people throw buttons at each other for fun in the 1800's? :confused:

del
08-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Great looking finds guys.Looks like you have a very friendly site that was used for quite some time.
Been a while since I have been out,hasn't been a peaceful summer.Every week seems something happens or comes along.

thanks John , sorry to hear you've been too busy for detecting :yes:

But on the brighter side My farm field will be opening up soon.

hey that almost sounds like an invutation , John. :eyebrow:

Those are some sweet finds, and so many buttons! :shocked01: The site looks great too. I had been picturing plenty of overgrowth, but that place looks like a nice one to detect. If only the parks here would yield coppers in that condition. :drool:

ya this area is surprisingly not to bad as far as vegitation , its gonna be on the list for another spring hunt as the moist ground and no leaves makes for an abundant of finds and opens even more areas up.

Great finds guys, and I love the photos! Looks like a very peaceful site to detect.

Did people throw buttons at each other for fun in the 1800's? :confused:

it is a peaceful site Angie , with over 400+ buttons we've recovered so far George and i are starting to wonder . obviously the detectorist that found this place before us were just after the coins and larger buttons ( probably because those large dandy buttons can and do sound like coins most of the time) but they left atleast 16 coins so far for us to claim and i'm sure theres more .

tanacat
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
hey buttons!(we are droppin the G and your new name is buttons) sweet finds :loveit:

Hey buttons- great going on that 1980 rosie, it looks mint condition! rofl rofl rofl

Wow those buttons ARE soooo little! I wonder if from babies clothes? Prob from the wrist part of a woman's long-sleeved shirt or dress...huh :huh:

Congrats you guys on some great coppers and buttons!!! Glad the weather was perfect for ya'll, I'm still waiting for that cool breeze to make it down into my neck of the woods :)

catskillcomics
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Nice finds guys.. I certainly like those flat buttons myself.. I don't have 450 of them.. maybe 50.. but certainly like finding them as well as crotals...

All in all looks like you guys had a great hutn :beerbuddy:

John M
08-31-2010, 05:45 AM
hey that almost sounds like an invutation , John. :eyebrow:

Well I can bring you two guys into the fold.Place is huge and still many area That hasn't been searched.

sjv
08-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Dan is that the place you and I went to last time? If so, there a sure alot of buttons there. In the 2 times I went, I got about 25 plus the draped bust large cent ( no date, very worn). I'm sure this fall will be good, I'm do for a nice coin. I can't believe I've only been out 4 times this year. I sure don't miss the bugs. I'd like to do some late fall fields. I have a few in mind. Hope to get out as soon as School starts. Hopefully are kids do well in High School. Can you believe it, High School already.

IM me when your ready to go out . Or give my a call.
Take care and nice finds by the way.

rsarge1
08-31-2010, 08:58 AM
nuce hunt and finds wtg

coinnut
08-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Dan is that the place you and I went to last time? If so, there a sure alot of buttons there. In the 2 times I went, I got about 25 plus the draped bust large cent ( no date, very worn).

Hey Sal, Yep, that's the place. Counting your buttons and the ones we found this past Saturday, we should be approaching 500 buttons from this multi hole site :shocked04: Believe it or not some of those buttons were right where everyone hunted and so were the 3 coppers we pulled. Moisture in the ground is our friend lol

tanacat
09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Sal, Yep, that's the place. Counting your buttons and the ones we found this past Saturday, we should be approaching 500 buttons from this multi hole site :shocked04: Believe it or not some of those buttons were right where everyone hunted and so were the 3 coppers we pulled. Moisture in the ground is our friend lol

Wow that's amazing you've pulled that many buttons from that area!!! Did I say WOW?

I hear you on the moisture situation :ticked: I'm getting tired of hauling H20 around watering my plugs...

KirkPA
09-21-2010, 04:18 PM
That site is impressive, Dan! :happydance01: When do you think it was settled? I bet most of the signals are an artifact. I love it when the green coppers start to pop.

Kirk

del
09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
That site is impressive, Dan! :happydance01: When do you think it was settled? I bet most of the signals are an artifact. I love it when the green coppers start to pop.

Kirk

hey Kirk , it looks like late 1700's and they were abandoned before the 1850's it was really active (by all the backmarked buttons ) from 1800-20's .