PDA

View Full Version : Finally signed up

Ben Town
10-16-2017, 07:19 PM
I’d like to say hello to everyone.
Ive been a lurker for sometime and thought I would sign up
I live in Central IL. around Bloomington .
Had a couple Garret Metal detectors back when I worked and they got little use.
After I retired and had more time bought a Minlab Safari and used it awhile and decided I needed more and bought a CTX its a great machine and I still get stumped but figure it out and go.
Ive got a Detector garden in the yard and try new settings and adjustments there, really helps.
Farmers are getting the crops out and I look forward to getting out and dig some wholes.
BT

Digger_O'Dell
10-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum! I use the CTX as well and find it pretty simple now, just take a some practice. Waiting for more info on the new Minelab, might be worth moving over to.

Ben Town
10-16-2017, 07:42 PM
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out, I’m not counting the CTX out yet��
BT

OxShoeDrew
10-17-2017, 03:13 AM
You'll love the Illinois contingent around here! I'm glad you joined us and look forward to your posts! :thumbsup01:

Nesdore
10-17-2017, 03:45 AM
Welcome to the forum we have a nice group here glad you joined also look forward to your posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Two-Cent
10-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the forum! The CTX is a great machine and should perform well for you in central Illinois. I used to live in Monticello, Illinois and I have hunted in a few small towns around you: Anchor, Bellflower, McLean, Waynesville, and Rutland to the north.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress! :yes:

The Rebel
10-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard!

Ken C
10-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey!

aloldstuff
10-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Welcome from western MA. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Retired...very nice.

del
10-19-2017, 12:15 AM
Hello Ben :waving: ,
congrats on your retirement and newer machine ! I hope to see some great coins and relics from you soon . Thanks for joining up Ben .

Dan

p.s. we try to get participation on the forum what made you finally decide to stop lurking and come in out of "the shadows" ? ;)