PDA

View Full Version : Finds from the past few weeks include a Classic Head LC among other relics

BTV Digger
10-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi folks, and hope all of you are finding some success in your recent hunts. Here's a collection of a few items I've found over the past 2.5 weeks comprising three hunts - one short hunt at a local park and two longer hunts of around 4 hours each at various cellar holes here in the Champlain Valley of VT. Most notable finds include a worn Classic Head LC (1808 or 1809 - can only make out a zero as the third digit in the date), an older variety pewter spoon and an aluminum Larkin Cold Cream lid from the earlier part of the 20th century. Also pulled several buttons, a 1900 IH, square nails, and older buckles among the other common-fare relics. Thanks for looking!

John

Lodge Scent
10-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Nice selection of finds John. Not often do you get a pewter spoon with handle intact. You neglected to call out the two ox knobs. I like finding those...even though I think I am about to dig up a copper when my coil goes over one. :)

Digger_O'Dell
10-24-2017, 05:45 AM
Lots of nice finds. Always like finding those old suspender buckles myself.

calabash digger
10-24-2017, 08:15 PM
you guys make it look easy! congrats

aloldstuff
10-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Very nice group of finds. Your pewter spoon is unusual as it has most of its handle???.

BTV Digger
11-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Nice selection of finds John. Not often do you get a pewter spoon with handle intact. You neglected to call out the two ox knobs. I like finding those...even though I think I am about to dig up a copper when my coil goes over one. :)

Ha ha, indeed Jeff...forgot about those ox knobs. They do pop out of the ground a plenty up here. I certainly keep those, and yes, they scream "LC!" every time the coil passes atop them. I was also happy to get about 90% of the spoon handle as well. Will probably use some epoxy to re-attach at some point.

Lots of nice finds. Always like finding those old suspender buckles myself.

Thanks much. Of all the suspender buckles I've found I believe no two are alike. Strange.

you guys make it look easy! congrats

Well, not easy my friend - plenty of hiking, but happy to get a few goodies.

Very nice group of finds. Your pewter spoon is unusual as it has most of its handle???.

Thanks Al. Yeah, I was quite pleased to get most of the handle with that one.