PDA

View Full Version : New Permission & Silver found (well kinda)

catskillcomics
10-28-2017, 12:26 PM
I finished up the cornfield I was working on, and since the farmer hasn't harvested the other fields yet, I thought it would be a good opportunity to knock on the door of the farm next to this one. This place was built in the early 1800s and the folks living there were very nice to talk to and gave me permission to their huge pasture/Hay field.

I only had about an hour and half to detect so I just kind went adventuring without any agenda, just wandered around to see what I could find. Found a lot of brass rifle shells, and then bam, 84 to 89 Numbers come up with a high tone. Nearly a foot deep hole and found a silver fork.

First I thought it was pretty old, but after researching the marking, its not silver, but silver plated and its silverware from the Royal Dutch Airline (KLM). The airline started in 1919 but it wasn't till after WWII in 1946 that it started traveling to New York.

None the less, It'll be interesting to see what else I can find, it's going to be a Loooong time before I'm done with this property.

aloldstuff
10-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Judging from the photo....a real long time. You probably should have some help...:grin:

catskillcomics
10-28-2017, 03:08 PM
Judging from the photo....a real long time. You probably should have some help...:grin:You are right on that old stuff.. I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Lodge Scent
10-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Nice! I wonder what the terminal velocity is of a fork thrown out of a air plane cruising at 20,000 feet ;)

Digger_O'Dell
10-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Going to take a LOT of time doing that place! Looks a lot like the layout of the farm I'm living on. Hope you have better luck that I've had field hunting there as about all I find are pieces of snow fence and broken hardware!

Nice! I wonder what the terminal velocity is of a fork thrown out of a air plane cruising at 20,000 feet ;)

I was kinda wondering where the rest of the plane landed? :lol:

calabash digger
10-29-2017, 09:08 AM
nice fork! Man that place looks like a gold mine.

Digger Don
10-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Very cool find. Congrats. It makes you wonder how it got there!

catskillcomics
10-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Very cool find. Congrats. It makes you wonder how it got there!I think previous owners flew on klm and stole the silverware and lost the fork during a picnic. Just my opinion.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk