PDA

View Full Version : Matron and buttons

Lodge Scent
10-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Hit a site I hadn't been to in a while. When I got home I remembered why I hadn't been there in a while. My feet were killing me! Probably the remotest site I go to.

Not much of a yard at this cellar hole. This was the good part of the yard!

https://i.imgur.com/I5oJH60.jpg

I was happy to find a decent looking 200 year old Matron.

https://i.imgur.com/R7ID60K.jpg

Managed some buttons too.

https://i.imgur.com/YZylMZC.jpg

Jeff

Digger_O'Dell
10-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Wow, that largie is sharp, congrats!

aloldstuff
10-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Great looking 200 yr old LC....well worth the walk. :thumbsup02:

del
10-30-2017, 05:41 PM
That "yard" looks great compared to a few I've detected , very sharp matron !:cheering:

Digger Don
10-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Well worth the walk. That Matron looks amazing!!:perfect10:

calabash digger
10-30-2017, 07:03 PM
very nice coin! congrats

Full Metal Digger
10-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Sore feet or no, I would love to have a day like that! Is the 4-hole button a trouser button? It looks shiny like a tombac too. Congrats and HH, Dave.

Ken C
10-31-2017, 06:27 AM
Nice detail left on the largie, very nice. Congrats! :beerbuddy:

OxShoeDrew
10-31-2017, 06:42 AM
Nice haul, Jeff! I found the same coin this summer! We seem to be duplicating lately. Was that the site you were telling me about? Congrats!! :clapping:

Lodge Scent
10-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Wow, that largie is sharp, congrats!

Thanks Do'D. It's always a thrill to pull one out of the dirt like that.

Great looking 200 yr old LC....well worth the walk. :thumbsup02:

I'm still sore Al. :)

That "yard" looks great compared to a few I've detected , very sharp matron !:cheering:

I am always amazed at where these homesteaders tried to eek out a living Dan.

Well worth the walk. That Matron looks amazing!!:perfect10:

Thanks Don. This site gave up some other sharp coppers some years back.

very nice coin! congrats

Calabash, I will trade it straight up for your brass pistol :lol:

Sore feet or no, I would love to have a day like that! Is the 4-hole button a trouser button? It looks shiny like a tombac too. Congrats and HH, Dave.

I was wondering about that button DD. A trouser button makes sense. It is tombac alloy.

Nice detail left on the largie, very nice. Congrats! :beerbuddy:

Thanks Ken. I'll take them like that any day.

Nice haul, Jeff! I found the same coin this summer! We seem to be duplicating lately. Was that the site you were telling me about? Congrats!! :clapping:

Different site Drew. Opposite ends of the spectrum geographically speaking. This one is on a spine of granite. The other is right on a river. My records show that I dug an 1817 before, but darned if I can find it in my case :confused:

OxShoeDrew
10-31-2017, 07:48 AM
"My records show that I dug an 1817 before, but darned if I can find it in my case :confused:"
:lol: I lose things all the time!

Bucknut
10-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the finds! especially that LC! Beautiful!

Tony Two-Cent
10-31-2017, 10:27 AM
Beautiful 200-year-old Large Cent! What a terrific find, and it's in great shape. Something that old is very difficult to find here in Illinois. I'm green with envy! :envious:

:congrats:

Lodge Scent
10-31-2017, 07:45 PM
"My records show that I dug an 1817 before, but darned if I can find it in my case :confused:"
:lol: I lose things all the time!

I found the missing 1817. It was hiding under my stack of Flowing Hair Large Cents :lol: (I wish).

Lodge Scent
10-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the finds! especially that LC! Beautiful!

Beautiful 200-year-old Large Cent! What a terrific find, and it's in great shape. Something that old is very difficult to find here in Illinois. I'm green with envy! :envious:

:congrats:

Thanks Gents. I am pleased to have it!

Donnie B
10-31-2017, 08:34 PM
That was a nice walk in the woods! Congrats!

BTV Digger
11-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Nice nab Jeff! Only wish the few coppers I've found over the years (~ 15) would look like that. Congrats!

John

Lodge Scent
11-01-2017, 09:39 PM
That was a nice walk in the woods! Congrats!

Donnie the only thing that could have made that day better was a tree shilling :envious:

Nice nab Jeff! Only wish the few coppers I've found over the years (~ 15) would look like that. Congrats!

John

Thanks John. I hear you. Most are definitely not like that. But about 5 or 6 years ago when I found that site, it gave up a couple of other killer Matrons. The soil at that site must be very kind to coppers.

https://i.imgur.com/lhhjpBq.jpg

milco
11-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Looks like a worthwhile hike to me! I have hiked miles for much less.